WIN64 SATA for K8VSE Deluxe

Hello, Does anyone know which driver to use to set up SATA on my
K8vSE Deluxe? I tried the Promise and it still says it's a 32 bit when I
need 64. Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
James

Centurion

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

Shorecat600 wrote:

> Hello, Does anyone know which driver to use to set up SATA on my
> K8vSE Deluxe? I tried the Promise and it still says it's a 32 bit when I
> need 64. Any help appreciated.
> Thanks!
> James

FWIW 64bit SuSE Professional 9.1 (Linux 2.6) worked out of the box with the
same motherboard and the SATA drive on the Via controller. As for
installing Windows - you'll probably have to dig around Asus' ftp site. I
haven't seen an official word from Asus saying they support Widows 64bit
yet. There might be some beta stuff floating around their ftp though.

Good luck.

James
--
Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
-- Walt Kelly, "Putluck Pogo"