SDK for CD/DVD Burning

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Windows SDK that will allow my application to burn CD's.
Burning DVD's is a plus, but not required. Has anyone had any experience
with such libraries? Were they compatible with most CD burners? Did you
have to pay per-copy license fees, or a onetime fee?

Here are some libraries I've found so far:

Sonic AuthorScript
NuMedia CDWriterPro / DVDWriterPro
Golden Hawk
Padus Foundation Class
GEAR.wrks Toolkit
ECI Engine

I am looking at supporting Windows XP and forward. Thanks for any info.

Regards

Asha

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Asha,

If you're looking to support Windows XP and forward then you could use
Microsoft's IMAPI (Image Mastering API). This is fairly simple to use and
wouldn't have any licensing issues. The downside is that DVD burning will
not be supported until Windows Longhorn is released.

Another option is Nero SDK which is also fairly well documented with some
good examples. (www.nero.com).

Both of these options allow you to access the burning functionality without
going through the supplied API.

Andy.

"Sha" <asha@robosoftin.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a Windows SDK that will allow my application to burn CD's.
> Burning DVD's is a plus, but not required. Has anyone had any experience
> with such libraries? Were they compatible with most CD burners? Did you
> have to pay per-copy license fees, or a onetime fee?
>
> Here are some libraries I've found so far:
>
> Sonic AuthorScript
> NuMedia CDWriterPro / DVDWriterPro
> Golden Hawk
> Padus Foundation Class
> GEAR.wrks Toolkit
> ECI Engine
>
> I am looking at supporting Windows XP and forward. Thanks for any info.
>
> Regards
>
> Asha

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

> Both of these options allow you to access the burning functionality
> without going through the supplied API.

Sorry, meant to say without using the supplied UI.

Time for lunch I think.