IEEE1394 firewire card install

I have recently purchased and installed IEEE1394 card and have no joy installing drivers.
Computer recognises device but when attempting to install drivers it returns
"This data is invalid" error (code 1)
4 answers Last reply
More about ieee1394 firewire card install

    Its a registry permission prob with XP Brian
    To fix this problem, go to Start, Run... and type "REGEDT32.EXE" without the
    quotes to run the Registry Editor. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\P CI and you will see a
    number of keys of the form "VEN_xxxx", where xxxx are strings like
    "1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00011103&REV_04". Under each of these folders will be
    another folder with a long numerical name. Open each folder and look for the
    "DeviceDesc" which matches the hardware you are trying to install - in this
    case "IEEE 1394 controller". HIGHLIGHT THE ENTRY "VEN_xxxx" for that device
    and select 'SECURITY'-'PERMISSIONS' FROM THE WINDOW TOP MENU and then tick
    "Allow" for "Full Control". Close REGEDT32, reboot, and then do a normal
    install. If the install again provides an error message, recheck the
    permissons in regedit again. For some reason regedit does not always save
    the new permissions

    "kiwibrianc" <kiwibrianc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have recently purchased and installed IEEE1394 card and have no joy
    installing drivers.
    > Computer recognises device but when attempting to install drivers it
    returns
    > "This data is invalid" error (code 1)

    Thankyou for your valued assistance Paul I have answers to a lot of things but Computers aint one of them!!!

    "Paul" wrote:

    > Its a registry permission prob with XP Brian
    > To fix this problem, go to Start, Run... and type "REGEDT32.EXE" without the
    > quotes to run the Registry Editor. Navigate to
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\P CI and you will see a
    > number of keys of the form "VEN_xxxx", where xxxx are strings like
    > "1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00011103&REV_04". Under each of these folders will be
    > another folder with a long numerical name. Open each folder and look for the
    > "DeviceDesc" which matches the hardware you are trying to install - in this
    > case "IEEE 1394 controller". HIGHLIGHT THE ENTRY "VEN_xxxx" for that device
    > and select 'SECURITY'-'PERMISSIONS' FROM THE WINDOW TOP MENU and then tick
    > "Allow" for "Full Control". Close REGEDT32, reboot, and then do a normal
    > install. If the install again provides an error message, recheck the
    > permissons in regedit again. For some reason regedit does not always save
    > the new permissions
    >

    > "kiwibrianc" <kiwibrianc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have recently purchased and installed IEEE1394 card and have no joy
    > installing drivers.
    > > Computer recognises device but when attempting to install drivers it
    > returns
    > > "This data is invalid" error (code 1)

    No worries there Brian. Happy to help :)

    > Thankyou for your valued assistance Paul I have answers to a lot of things
    but Computers aint one of them!!!

    > "Paul" wrote:
    >
    > > Its a registry permission prob with XP Brian
    > > To fix this problem, go to Start, Run... and type "REGEDT32.EXE" without
    the
    > > quotes to run the Registry Editor. Navigate to
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\P CI and you will see a
    > > number of keys of the form "VEN_xxxx", where xxxx are strings like
    > > "1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00011103&REV_04". Under each of these folders will
    be
    > > another folder with a long numerical name. Open each folder and look for
    the
    > > "DeviceDesc" which matches the hardware you are trying to install - in
    this
    > > case "IEEE 1394 controller". HIGHLIGHT THE ENTRY "VEN_xxxx" for that
    device
    > > and select 'SECURITY'-'PERMISSIONS' FROM THE WINDOW TOP MENU and then
    tick
    > > "Allow" for "Full Control". Close REGEDT32, reboot, and then do a normal
    > > install. If the install again provides an error message, recheck the
    > > permissons in regedit again. For some reason regedit does not always
    save
    > > the new permissions
    > >

    > > "kiwibrianc" <kiwibrianc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have recently purchased and installed IEEE1394 card and have no joy
    > > installing drivers.
    > > > Computer recognises device but when attempting to install drivers it
    > > returns
    > > > "This data is invalid" error (code 1)

    I take it youre in NZ somewhere Brian.

    I'm in Auckland btw

    "kiwibrianc" <kiwibrianc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thankyou for your valued assistance Paul I have answers to a lot of things
    but Computers aint one of them!!!

    > "Paul" wrote:
    >
    > > Its a registry permission prob with XP Brian
    > > To fix this problem, go to Start, Run... and type "REGEDT32.EXE" without
    the
    > > quotes to run the Registry Editor. Navigate to
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\P CI and you will see a
    > > number of keys of the form "VEN_xxxx", where xxxx are strings like
    > > "1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00011103&REV_04". Under each of these folders will
    be
    > > another folder with a long numerical name. Open each folder and look for
    the
    > > "DeviceDesc" which matches the hardware you are trying to install - in
    this
    > > case "IEEE 1394 controller". HIGHLIGHT THE ENTRY "VEN_xxxx" for that
    device
    > > and select 'SECURITY'-'PERMISSIONS' FROM THE WINDOW TOP MENU and then
    tick
    > > "Allow" for "Full Control". Close REGEDT32, reboot, and then do a normal
    > > install. If the install again provides an error message, recheck the
    > > permissons in regedit again. For some reason regedit does not always
    save
    > > the new permissions
    > >

    > > "kiwibrianc" <kiwibrianc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have recently purchased and installed IEEE1394 card and have no joy
    > > installing drivers.
    > > > Computer recognises device but when attempting to install drivers it
    > > returns
    > > > "This data is invalid" error (code 1)

Drivers Firewire Windows XP