Jim

i have an internal modem(in a laptop) which supports technology v90 but not v92(v92 is the technology that enables to catch a call when online with a dialup connection).Is there any chance with some software(drivers) my modem could support v92 or not?(modem is toshiba software modem AMR)if anyone knows a site or some drivers that will help please tell me because i have searched without result.Otherwise the only solution is ISDN or buying a new pc??because modems cannot be changed in laptops!

Mike

Splendid

There are pc card type V.92 modems available that should work in your
laptop.. here is one that might..

http://www.zoom.com/products/dial_up_pc_card.html

"jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have an internal modem(in a laptop) which supports technology v90 but
not v92(v92 is the technology that enables to catch a call when online with
a dialup connection).Is there any chance with some software(drivers) my
modem could support v92 or not?(modem is toshiba software modem AMR)if
anyone knows a site or some drivers that will help please tell me because i
have searched without result.Otherwise the only solution is ISDN or buying a
new pc??because modems cannot be changed in laptops!

have in mind that even if you do have a V92 modem your ISP must support the
services you want. And most dont, so ask them before you o through the
trouble buying a new modem.
I have ISDN and ADSL so I can talk, fax and be on the internet at the same
time :)
--

Hope this helps. Let us know.

---