DVD burner freezes XP

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lately when inserting a disc (any type) into my LGE 4040B
DVD burner, as the disc is being read the whole system
freezes up and the only way out is to reset the
machine.The disc can usually be read straight after the
reset.The whole system is only a few months old and this
problem has only recently started.Any ideas how to trace
the likely cause.
Thanks.

manager before u insert the cd, ..
It frezzes due to lack of memmory, close some progrsammes
and try it then, but only the prgrammes on your user , do
not delete nothing wer it says system, on your user
only...
it should hopefully work....

good luck
Omer lal

which burning SW are you using ?
i use Nero 6, and no problem on a Sony DRU530

--
Bienvenidos al sitio de MVP de Microsoft
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
> Recuerda: Una Consulta, Un Foro:

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
otorga ningún derecho.

You assume all risk for your use.

XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1

por favor
respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
no se responde personalmente

saludos

Antonio
ms mvp windowsxp shell user

"Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Lately when inserting a disc (any type) into my LGE 4040B
> DVD burner, as the disc is being read the whole system
> freezes up and the only way out is to reset the
> machine.The disc can usually be read straight after the
> reset.The whole system is only a few months old and this
> problem has only recently started.Any ideas how to trace
> the likely cause.
> Thanks.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use.
>

>XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1
>
>por favor
>respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
>no se responde personalmente
>
>saludos
>
>Antonio
>ms mvp windowsxp shell user
>
>"Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Lately when inserting a disc (any type) into my LGE
4040B
>> DVD burner, as the disc is being read the whole system
>> freezes up and the only way out is to reset the
>> machine.The disc can usually be read straight after the
>> reset.The whole system is only a few months old and
this
>> problem has only recently started.Any ideas how to
trace
>> the likely cause.
>> Thanks.
>

>.
>Nero 6 also.The problem occurs before any software is
launched, like when presumably the disc is being read by
XP or whatever.