bringing usb ports to the front of the case

Is there a way to bring my usb ports to the front of my case?

I have a p4c800 and I purchased a usb addon but the connectors are not
the same as on the asus board.

I thought I saw a gadget to put usb ports into a drive bay opening once
but I can't find it again.

Paul

Splendid

In article <A2W3d.85550$D%.53380@attbi_s51>, william kossack
<wskossack@comcast.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to bring my usb ports to the front of my case?
>
> I have a p4c800 and I purchased a usb addon but the connectors are not
> the same as on the asus board.
>
> I thought I saw a gadget to put usb ports into a drive bay opening once
> but I can't find it again.

frontx.com ?

Paul

I just installed one on my A7V266-E board. I got it at Fry's,
but it's made by www.mge-usa.com. See their "3.5" Multibay" product.
$15.

"william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to bring my usb ports to the front of my case?
>
> I have a p4c800 and I purchased a usb addon but the connectors are not
> the same as on the asus board.
>
> I thought I saw a gadget to put usb ports into a drive bay opening once
> but I can't find it again.

Just take one of you floppy bay covers, and cut out a small opening for the
Asus USB connnectors (I used a dremel moto tool). Then, drill two holes, and
remove the faceplate on the USB connector, screw this unit onto the back of
your 3.5" faceplate and plugin. Works like a charm.

"william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to bring my usb ports to the front of my case?
>
> I have a p4c800 and I purchased a usb addon but the connectors are not the
> same as on the asus board.
>
> I thought I saw a gadget to put usb ports into a drive bay opening once
> but I can't find it again.

>"william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to bring my usb ports to the front of my case?
>>
>> I have a p4c800 and I purchased a usb addon but the connectors are not the
>> same as on the asus board.
>>
>> I thought I saw a gadget to put usb ports into a drive bay opening once
>> but I can't find it again.

Have a look at this URL:-

http://www.atruereview.com/frontx/index.php

--