I have a dual Xeon 800Mhz board. Win2k pro had no trouble
seting up with both processors. I just bought Win XP Pro
and it doesn't see the 2nd processor. I've looked thru
the knowledge base and i can't find anything on it. Does
anyone know how to get Win XP Pro to install with BOTH
Processors?

Thanks,

Gene

when you did the install, was it a fresh install? either overwriting the existing win 2k operating system or a new install on another partition?

or did you do an in-place upgrade install? upgrade win 2k to win xp

if an in-place upgrade try a full fresh installation as you may have had a mobo driver loaded under 2k that is incompatible w/ win xp causing the second cpu to not be shown.

other than that you should on a default install of win xp see the second processor. is your motherboard chipset something non-intel? i.e. serverworks grand champion or SIMILAR? possibly try loading the mobo shipset driver and see if the second cpu is recognized then.

"tallguy1@comcast.net" wrote:

> I have a dual Xeon 800Mhz board. Win2k pro had no trouble
> seting up with both processors. I just bought Win XP Pro
> and it doesn't see the 2nd processor. I've looked thru
> the knowledge base and i can't find anything on it. Does
> anyone know how to get Win XP Pro to install with BOTH
> Processors?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gene

Thanks,

It was a clean install. And i'm using a Intel 440 mother
board. I couldn't find the chipset driver on the intel
site. Win XP Pro seems to have it with it. So if I do
another clean install is there anything i should try
different this time?

Thanks Again

Gene

<tallguy1@comcast.net> wrote...
> Does
> anyone know how to get Win XP Pro to install with BOTH
> Processors?

Mine did without any manual intervention.

TRENDING THREADS