installing a slave drive. HELP?!

I was given a 40gb hard drive that I would like to add to my pc as a slave drive. Unfortunatelly I an technically retarded when it comes to something like this. Can anyone help?

You need a small #1 Phillips screwdriver, a pair of tweezers
to set the jumper and a little confidence and skill.

You need a drive bay, a free power tap and an IDE cable,
preferably an 80 wire cable.

PCWorld.com - Upgrade Guide: Install a Bigger, Faster Hard
Drive Upgrade Guide: Install a Bigger, Faster Hard Drive.
One of the most popular upgrade projects, step-by-step. Stan
Miastkowski. From ...
www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,47370,00.asp -
Similar pages

PCWorld.com - Upgrade Guide: Install a Bigger, Faster Hard
Drive ... 5. Put It All Back Together. Install the new
drive. Attach the two connectors on the new ribbon cable to
the old and new hard disks. ...

www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,47370,pg,2,00.asp -
Similar pages

PCWorld.com - A Hard Drive That's Easy to Install A Hard
Drive That's Easy to Install. Apricorn's EZ Storage portable
USB hard drive is a snap to set up, makes sharing data a
breeze. Tuesday, May 02, 2000. ...
www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,16557,00.asp -
Similar pages

http://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/maxtor.cfg/php/enduser/home.php

full instructions for Maxtor installs

http://support.wdc.com/techinfo/index.asp Western Digital

Just do a little looking, there are videos on the Maxtor
site.

Look on the hard drive and the one in your computer
presently, you have to have them all setup properly, one
slave and one master on each cable or you can use Cable
Select [CS] but you have to be sure which drive is connected
to which connector. Using Master/slave is easier.

"AliciaN1313" <AliciaN1313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
| I was given a 40gb hard drive that I would like to add to
my pc as a slave drive. Unfortunatelly I an technically
retarded when it comes to something like this. Can anyone
help?

How To Install and Troubleshoot ATA Hard Drives
http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/howto/ata_install_tshoot.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP