USB problem?

I was trying to update Windows 2000SP2 here on a CUV4X-D computer, using my
USB ADSL modem. I installed it the same way as on my own computer and
connected to the internet for a Windows update. But I didn't get very far.
First I thought is was congestion, but then I noticed the lights on the
modem where off altogether.
I tried this multiple times after rebooting, but each time it starts off
working and then somewhere in the middle the modem lights go off and all
transfer stops. There are no visible problems in device manager.

The same modem works fine on my own coputer (P4B266) under Windows 2000SP4.

What the heck could be going on?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/

ICQ 326628

Linea Recta wrote:

> I was trying to update Windows 2000SP2 here on a CUV4X-D computer, using my
> USB ADSL modem. I installed it the same way as on my own computer and
> connected to the internet for a Windows update. But I didn't get very far.
> First I thought is was congestion, but then I noticed the lights on the
> modem where off altogether.
> I tried this multiple times after rebooting, but each time it starts off
> working and then somewhere in the middle the modem lights go off and all
> transfer stops. There are no visible problems in device manager.
>
> The same modem works fine on my own coputer (P4B266) under Windows 2000SP4.
>
> What the heck could be going on?
>
> --
> regards,
>
> |\ /|
> | \/ |@rk
> \../
> \/os
>
> mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
> URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/
>
> ICQ 326628

considering that sp2 was just released I'd say this is a network
slowdown, try at some odd hour in the middle of the night or in a week.

Gordon

"Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> schreef in bericht
> Linea Recta wrote:
> >
> > I was trying to update Windows 2000SP2 here on a CUV4X-D computer, using
my
> > USB ADSL modem. I installed it the same way as on my own computer and
> > connected to the internet for a Windows update. But I didn't get very
far.
> > First I thought is was congestion, but then I noticed the lights on the
> > modem where off altogether.
> > I tried this multiple times after rebooting, but each time it starts off
> > working and then somewhere in the middle the modem lights go off and all
> > transfer stops. There are no visible problems in device manager.
> >
> > The same modem works fine on my own coputer (P4B266) under Windows
2000SP4.

> > What the heck could be going on?
> >
> > --
> > regards,
> >
> > |\ /|
> > | \/ |@rk
> > \../
> > \/os
> >
> > mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
> > URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/
> >
> > ICQ 326628
>
> considering that sp2 was just released I'd say this is a network
> slowdown, try at some odd hour in the middle of the night or in a week.
>
> Gordon

I don't think so, the ADSL modem is behaving odd. With no traffic the green
leds are supposed to be on.

--
regards,

|\ /|