nikon coolscan ls10 & adaptec 2940uw with xp pro

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Him

I am trying to combine the above equipment usin windows
xp pro

1. Will this adaptec scsi card work with xp.

2. How do I install it? When I put the card in the
computer freezes in the bios screen and gives me the
message - Bios Update and then nothing happens. It
freezes.

3. I tried to install it using the XP CD to install third
party scsi software using F6 and again nothing happen -
can't get paST THE BIOS SCREEN

If you can shed some light on this I would be greatful

Dave

I do not know if this will be of help but I had the ls 2000 with XP and
worked fine but I had to download the ASPI payer from Adaptec first. Sorry I
do not have a link but if you go to the Adaptec site you can search for it
for the windows xp. Also make sure the scsi card is compatible with xp.