Question about Promise Controller on A8V

Is it possible to put Ide Hdd's on the promise controller and use them
normal drive drives and boot from them without setting up raid.

Basically I want to put two Ide drives on the promise controller with
one of them as the boot drive, and put a DVD ROM / DvdRW and another Ide
Hdd on the standard Ide controllers from the southbridge.

Is it possible with this board.

Thanks

Yes. It is possible. The promise controller can operate in RAID or single
mode with respect to the PATA.

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com