Networking with Azus K8V SE Deluxe

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2004 2:55:32 AM

I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
Deluxe.

I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
..

I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and

"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
RJ-45"

It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
cable.

If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
equipped for Networking ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
September 23, 2004 2:55:33 AM

>I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
>Deluxe.
>
>I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
>.
>
>I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and

Yes... works great with my firewire camcorder.

>"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
>RJ-45"
>
>It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
>cable.

I assume you mean a crossed pair for network sharing across 2 machines using the
standard net port.... see below.

>If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
>Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
>Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
>equipped for Networking ?

Yes... been using mine for several months without any problems. I use it with my
RJ45 fitted cable modem via a router to my m/c and my wifes. works fine.
You don't need the additional pci net card.

Mike
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2004 1:04:46 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:21:37 GMT, Mike <dy73ui39aHe5@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
>>Deluxe.
>>
>>I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
>>.
>>
>>I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and
>
>Yes... works great with my firewire camcorder.
>

>>"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
>>RJ-45"
>>
>>It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
>>cable.
>
>I assume you mean a crossed pair for network sharing across 2 machines using the
>standard net port.... see below.

Yes , I merely want to connect two machines at home in P2P with the
relevant cable - sorry didn't explain that too well in my original
post !

>>If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
>>Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
>>Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
>>equipped for Networking ?
>>

>Yes... been using mine for several months without any problems. I use it with my
>RJ45 fitted cable modem via a router to my m/c and my wifes. works fine.
>You don't need the additional pci net card.

Thanks for the help.

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"