Networking with Azus K8V SE Deluxe

I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
Deluxe.

I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
..

I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and

"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
RJ-45"

It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
cable.

If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
equipped for Networking ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
2 answers Last reply

    >I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
    >Deluxe.
    >
    >I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
    >.
    >
    >I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and

    Yes... works great with my firewire camcorder.

    >"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
    >RJ-45"
    >
    >It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
    >cable.

    I assume you mean a crossed pair for network sharing across 2 machines using the
    standard net port.... see below.

    >If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
    >Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
    >Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
    >equipped for Networking ?

    Yes... been using mine for several months without any problems. I use it with my
    RJ45 fitted cable modem via a router to my m/c and my wifes. works fine.
    You don't need the additional pci net card.

    Mike

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:21:37 GMT, Mike <dy73ui39aHe5@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >>I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
    >>Deluxe.
    >>
    >>I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
    >>.
    >>
    >>I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and
    >
    >Yes... works great with my firewire camcorder.
    >

    >>"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
    >>RJ-45"
    >>
    >>It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
    >>cable.
    >
    >I assume you mean a crossed pair for network sharing across 2 machines using the
    >standard net port.... see below.

    Yes , I merely want to connect two machines at home in P2P with the
    relevant cable - sorry didn't explain that too well in my original
    post !

    >>If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
    >>Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
    >>Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
    >>equipped for Networking ?
    >>

    >Yes... been using mine for several months without any problems. I use it with my
    >RJ45 fitted cable modem via a router to my m/c and my wifes. works fine.
    >You don't need the additional pci net card.

    Thanks for the help.

    B.N.
    --

    to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"