Sound problems with P3b-F

The following is from a friend who has a problem with his P3B-F and its
soundcard:

When I start the computer the sound is very low and appears to be mono.
I go into the control panel, then double click on Aureal Vortex Control
Panel. When this comes up all I have to do is click on the tab "A3D
Setting" and the volume becomes much louder and I have Stereo. I would
like to have the sound this way when I start the computer and not have
to go into the Control Panel but have not found how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

No One wrote:
> The following is from a friend who has a problem with his P3B-F and its
> soundcard:
>
> When I start the computer the sound is very low and appears to be mono.
> I go into the control panel, then double click on Aureal Vortex Control
> Panel. When this comes up all I have to do is click on the tab "A3D
> Setting" and the volume becomes much louder and I have Stereo. I would
> like to have the sound this way when I start the computer and not have
> to go into the Control Panel but have not found how to do this.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Thinking out loud... Does your P3B-F have onboard sound? Sounds like a
driver/software problem, since volume is amplified when you run/start
your "A3D" program. Try reinstalling the sound card software/driver.
If that does not solve the problem, can you add the "A3D Setting"
program to the startup folder so it automatically loads?

My P3B-F and SoundBlaster Live! Platinum card does not experience this
problem.

Good luck,

Steven