Clearing my hard drive

Hello,

I have windows XP Home edition. I want to know how I can clear
everything off my hard drive and start over. My windows boot disk is a
recovery disk and all it does is let me re-install windows. It will not
let me "start over" (sorry don't know the correct term). If you could
tell me what to do step-by-step in detail I would appreciate it. Thank
you.
--
jmill703

Step-by-step instructions for reformatting your drive and
reinstalling Windows XP, using a PC mfg's Recovery CD,
can be found in the User's Guide that came with your PC
or by searching the PC mfg's support website.

Since you neglected to name the manufacturer of your PC,
that's all the advice that can be offered since each PC
manufacturer has different methods.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"jmill703" <jmill703.189jib@pcbanter.net> wrote in message:

| Hello,
|
| I have windows XP Home edition. I want to know how I can clear
| everything off my hard drive and start over. My windows boot disk is a
| recovery disk and all it does is let me re-install windows. It will not
| let me "start over" (sorry don't know the correct term). If you could
| tell me what to do step-by-step in detail I would appreciate it. Thank
| you.
| --
| jmill703

Most recovery CDs will remove the installed XP and place a factory standard
image of the hard drive back onto the har d drive. This is a method of
start XP back to the original settings (factory fresh).