Blue screen at start up

June 22, 2004 3:55:22 PM

I was working on a computer that had possible spyware and
adware and was running an adware 6.0 program. Now the
computer will not start. It take me to safe mode screen
but when I say ok it will not go to it. Then I will get
a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and
windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your
computer. Run chkdsk /F. How can I do this? I can't
even get into the recovery console with the xp cd. It
freezes when it gets to examining mb disk. Any help out
there?

More about : blue screen start

June 22, 2004 5:17:37 PM

Make sure you have the bios set to read the cd first and hard drive second.
The disk should then run so you can get to the recovery console.
Have you tried booting up with the "Last Known Configuration"?
!