sport

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

According to the manual this board is supposed to support AGP 8X, but when
you go into the bios the highest setting is 4X. Is there a trick or am I
not seeing something.

Venom

Put an 8x video card in and see what happens.

"Sport" <sport9155@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> According to the manual this board is supposed to support AGP 8X, but when
> you go into the bios the highest setting is 4X. Is there a trick or am I
> not seeing something.

sport

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

"Sport" <sport9155@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> According to the manual this board is supposed to support AGP 8X, but when
> you go into the bios the highest setting is 4X. Is there a trick or am I
> not seeing something.

Actually I have put a 4X AGP card in and that card is showing as operating
at 2X. I have tried both Bios settings: Auto and 4X, in both cases the vid
card reports 2X.

Sport

Venom

I would have to think that your Video card is only a 2X because when I stuck
an 8X card in my A7V8X, it shows as 8X.

> "Sport" <sport9155@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > According to the manual this board is supposed to support AGP 8X, but
when
> > you go into the bios the highest setting is 4X. Is there a trick or am
> > not seeing something.
>
> Actually I have put a 4X AGP card in and that card is showing as operating
> at 2X. I have tried both Bios settings: Auto and 4X, in both cases the
vid
> card reports 2X.
>
> Sport

sport

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

was there a ver of the Geforce 4200 TI that was 2x?