USB device installation

I am trying to connect my USB optical mouse and a USB thumb driver to my PC. The computer has Windoes XP and these devices works correctly when in Safe Mode. I belive that some service that is running is preventing these device from functioning when in the normal Mode, Is there any cure for this.

Additional info: the USB and the device drivers are installed properly and is functioning correctly when in safe mode.
2 answers Last reply
More about device installation

    In normal mode, you could be needing to have the motherboard chipset drivers
    installed. Also, for VIA chipset based motherboards, you may also need the
    VIA USB filter. You should be able to find this info on the motberboard
    manufactuer's web site.

    "Edward" <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to connect my USB optical mouse and a USB thumb driver to my
    PC. The computer has Windoes XP and these devices works correctly when in
    Safe Mode. I belive that some service that is running is preventing these
    device from functioning when in the normal Mode, Is there any cure for this.

    > Additional info: the USB and the device drivers are installed properly and
    is functioning correctly when in safe mode.

    I have tried this also. How ever when I go for a selective startup disabling most of the services I am able to use the driver in the normal mode also. Could there be any service which is blocking the use of the device.....

    Also, a human interface service is not starting and is giving a module missing error.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > In normal mode, you could be needing to have the motherboard chipset drivers
    > installed. Also, for VIA chipset based motherboards, you may also need the
    > VIA USB filter. You should be able to find this info on the motberboard
    > manufactuer's web site.
    >
    > "Edward" <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to connect my USB optical mouse and a USB thumb driver to my
    > PC. The computer has Windoes XP and these devices works correctly when in
    > Safe Mode. I belive that some service that is running is preventing these
    > device from functioning when in the normal Mode, Is there any cure for this.
    > >
    > > Additional info: the USB and the device drivers are installed properly and
    > is functioning correctly when in safe mode.

Safe Mode USB Devices Windows XP