A7N8X-E Deluxe and Corsair Twinx512-3200C2

my system crashes without cause, especially in 3d games. after installing
new os, newest drivers, ... everything stayed the same. after extensive
memory checking i found out that my ram has errors, but only in DIMM_A1 and
DIMM_A2, it is error-free in DIMM_B1. if i just put in one ram on DIMM_B1 my
system is stable, however if i put one on DIMM_A1 or DIMM_A2 its unstable.

my question is:
- is my ram or my motherboard damaged?
- or is this a compatibility problem?
- is there a solution for this problem. i think of special bios settings or
a bios update?

thanks for your help,
max

system:
- athlon xp 3200
- A7N8X-E Deluxe (newest bios)
- 2x 512MB Corsair Twinx512-3200C2

Markus Flohberger <maxiko@sbox.tugraz.at> wrote in message news:<4155693f$0$12130$3b214f66@aconews.univie.ac.at>...
> my system crashes without cause, especially in 3d games. after installing
> new os, newest drivers, ... everything stayed the same. after extensive
> memory checking i found out that my ram has errors, but only in DIMM_A1 and
> DIMM_A2, it is error-free in DIMM_B1. if i just put in one ram on DIMM_B1 my
> system is stable, however if i put one on DIMM_A1 or DIMM_A2 its unstable.
>
> my question is:
> - is my ram or my motherboard damaged?
> - or is this a compatibility problem?
> - is there a solution for this problem. i think of special bios settings or
> a bios update?
>
> thanks for your help,
> max
>
> system:
> - athlon xp 3200
> - A7N8X-E Deluxe (newest bios)
> - 2x 512MB Corsair Twinx512-3200C2

It's an incompatibility problem with the RAM in dual
channel mode - you can't use the A1 - A2 combination.
According to the user guide, the only recommended
configurations for this are A1-B1 or A2-B1. Anything
else is likely to cause boot failures or system
crashes (memory sizing errors). You can also have
all 3 slots populated, but then you should use
identical brands and sizes of DIMMs for best results.