current known cheats

Ian

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

Are there any known current cheats for Team Fortress Classic on Steam,
or not?

I am not looking for instructions, I am just looking for how to spot
them.

I'm suspicious about a soldier who wasted my SGs over and over and
over with nail grenades...I never saw him throw, and every time the SG
blew up with little to no warning, and there was a nail grenade at the
exact spot where the SG just was.

Now is ANYONE that good?

There were a few bots on the server I'm not 100 percent positive the
player was human, but regardless, what else is going on out there
today? (I've been out of TFC for about 2 years)

shaolin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

On 25 Jun 2004 02:47:18 -0700, Ian felt the need to say...
> Are there any known current cheats for Team Fortress Classic on Steam,
> or not?
>
> I am not looking for instructions, I am just looking for how to spot
> them.
>
> I'm suspicious about a soldier who wasted my SGs over and over and
> over with nail grenades...I never saw him throw, and every time the SG
> blew up with little to no warning, and there was a nail grenade at the
> exact spot where the SG just was.
>
> Now is ANYONE that good?
>
> There were a few bots on the server I'm not 100 percent positive the
> player was human, but regardless, what else is going on out there
> today? (I've been out of TFC for about 2 years)

Whats this TFC?
is it like KFC?
cos i dont eat chicken...

Dr. Dan Shaolin, Ph.D
Dept. of Beerology
University of Pants
UK
Snoochie Bootchies Bluntman!

"Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy
condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness
experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life
is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom
with the weather."
Bill Hicks

"You know your problem? You're Floccinauccinehilipilificating."

"Okay brain you don't like me and I don't like you, but
lets get through this and I'll get back to killing you with beer"
Homer Simpson

alt.fan.dan-shaolin

On 25 Jun 2004 02:47:18 -0700, andy_christ@yahoo.com (Ian) wrote:

>Are there any known current cheats for Team Fortress Classic on Steam,
>or not?
>
>I am not looking for instructions, I am just looking for how to spot
>them.
>
>I'm suspicious about a soldier who wasted my SGs over and over and
>over with nail grenades...I never saw him throw, and every time the SG
>blew up with little to no warning, and there was a nail grenade at the
>exact spot where the SG just was.
>
>Now is ANYONE that good?

It's possible to take out a sentry gun with a nail grenade, even two years
ago. I have seen so myself, even if the grenade wasn't exactly centered.
It's more common to use other attacks, such as EMP grenades, MIRV grenades,
or some other combos.

You may want to check on the steampowered.com forums (if you haven't
already) to ask how to get a nail grenade to kill a sentry gun.

bk039@freenet.carleton.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote in message news:<frrpd0hehd14rc3j2tvlf5dil5i51cnd2s@4ax.com>...

> It's possible to take out a sentry gun with a nail grenade, even two years
> ago. I have seen so myself, even if the grenade wasn't exactly centered.
> It's more common to use other attacks, such as EMP grenades, MIRV grenades,
> or some other combos.
>
> You may want to check on the steampowered.com forums (if you haven't
> already) to ask how to get a nail grenade to kill a sentry gun.

I know it's possible to do that, in 2 fort's flag room it's probably
the best way. What gets me is that I was present 3 of 4 times, trying
to repair the SG. It flashed once then blew up, while I was banging
away on it. And when the SG was gone, the nail grenade WAS exactly
centered those three times, I'm pretty sure on the exact spot where
the SG was.

I never saw him throw the grenade...doesn't mean I couldn't have
missed it, but I was watching as he came in 2 times.

I've repaired SGs through nail grenade attacks enough times that I'm
suspicious of the damage the grenade caused. And I've got my doubts
that anyone could place a grenade so precisely repeatedly.

"Ian" <andy_christ@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> bk039@freenet.carleton.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote in message
> >
> > It's possible to take out a sentry gun with a nail grenade, even two
years
> > ago. I have seen so myself, even if the grenade wasn't exactly
centered.
> > It's more common to use other attacks, such as EMP grenades, MIRV
grenades,
> > or some other combos.
> >
> > You may want to check on the steampowered.com forums (if you haven't
> > already) to ask how to get a nail grenade to kill a sentry gun.
>
> I know it's possible to do that, in 2 fort's flag room it's probably
> the best way. What gets me is that I was present 3 of 4 times, trying
> to repair the SG. It flashed once then blew up, while I was banging
> away on it. And when the SG was gone, the nail grenade WAS exactly
> centered those three times, I'm pretty sure on the exact spot where
> the SG was.
>
> I never saw him throw the grenade...doesn't mean I couldn't have
> missed it, but I was watching as he came in 2 times.
>
> I've repaired SGs through nail grenade attacks enough times that I'm
> suspicious of the damage the grenade caused. And I've got my doubts
> that anyone could place a grenade so precisely repeatedly.

It's just practice. The game has been around for long enough now that
people will be able to cap the flag blindfolded even if there are SGs there.
Additionally the soldier may actually be camping on the little ledge above
where you normally put the SG and dropping the grenades onto it. It's
possible to rocket jump up there iirc and is great for confusing engies.

Blast from the past illustrating advanced 2fort flag capping:
http://www.h69.net/just_a_game.htm

/loves that animation

--
Listy

..sigless of london

---

"Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2k7lllF18jksrU1@uni-berlin.de>...

> It's just practice. The game has been around for long enough now that
> people will be able to cap the flag blindfolded even if there are SGs there.
> Additionally the soldier may actually be camping on the little ledge above
> where you normally put the SG and dropping the grenades onto it. It's
> possible to rocket jump up there iirc and is great for confusing engies.
>
> Blast from the past illustrating advanced 2fort flag capping:
> http://www.h69.net/just_a_game.htm
>
> /loves that animation

I'm placing it in the rear entrance to the flag room, facing out in to
the outer hallway. I stand behind it ready to repair it. I've never
seen a nail grenade destroy a SG so fast before (within a second, even
with me repairing it), and like I said, I am not sure he actually even
threw it.

Also, I rarely play soldier, so I don't know...do nail grenades bounce
when they hit things? Because like I said, the every time I saw the
thing, it was EXACTLY where my SG had been. Getting it close is one
thing, this is different.

The aim, well, I could see a bot being that precise every time (not
100 percent sure it wasn't one...there were a few on that server) but
it's the behavior of the grenade that caught my attention.