P4C800E deluxe and Corsair Ram. No boot :-(

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 26, 2004 5:30:26 PM

Hi experts,

Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
Low Profile
And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen, nothing.
I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors: 1 long, 2
short.
I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....

Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
little help to a guy from munich, germany.
Thanx in advance !
aki
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 26, 2004 5:30:27 PM

"Axel Ricken" <axel.ricken@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi experts,
>
> Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
> and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
> Low Profile
> And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen, nothing.
> I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors: 1 long, 2
> short.
> I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
>
> Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
> little help to a guy from munich, germany.
> Thanx in advance !
> aki

Sounds like memory module problems - 3 beeps at boot indicates a main memory
read/write error. Its worth if you can to get the modules checked over in
another PC before returning for replacement. Just out of interest why go
for EEC reg modules? The EEC memory modules for this board must be
unbuffered according to my manual but check with the ASUS web site for the
latest info.

Check also that you have both motherboards power connectors installed - see
manual. Lastly ensure your power supply is adequate - I have heard rumours
that 350w is the minimum required for this motherboard. Good luck.
Bob
September 26, 2004 9:33:41 PM

One long and 2 short beeps on an asus board is indeed ram failure.

Normally it means video failure but it is ram on asus boards

Does that board have onboard sound? If so plug a speaker in the back and the
nice lady will confirm if it is your ram using "voice post"

"Axel Ricken" <axel.ricken@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi experts,
>
> Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
> and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
> Low Profile
> And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen, nothing.
> I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors: 1 long, 2
> short.
> I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
>
> Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
> little help to a guy from munich, germany.
> Thanx in advance !
> aki

a b V Motherboard
September 27, 2004 1:55:08 AM

The P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard does NOT use ECC memory.

--
DaveW

"Axel Ricken" <axel.ricken@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi experts,
>
> Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
> and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
> Low Profile
> And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen, nothing.
> I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors: 1 long, 2
> short.
> I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
>
> Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
> little help to a guy from munich, germany.
> Thanx in advance !
> aki

September 27, 2004 2:33:16 AM

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:03:12 +0100, "BobSt" <bobstaples@dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

>> Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
>> and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
>> Low Profile
>> And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen,
>> nothing.
>> I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors:
>> 1 long, 2 short.
>> I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
>>
>> Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
>> little help to a guy from munich, germany.
>> Thanx in advance !
>> aki
>>

> Sounds like memory module problems - 3 beeps at boot indicates a main memory
> read/write error. Its worth if you can to get the modules checked over in
> another PC before returning for replacement. Just out of interest why go
> for EEC reg modules? The EEC memory modules for this board must be
> unbuffered according to my manual but check with the ASUS web site for the
> latest info.

P4C800-E Deluxe don't support memory modules with REG,
but ECC type are no problem.
September 27, 2004 2:46:00 AM

with reg??

I always thought that "registered" modules and "ecc" modules were one in the
same?

In other words registered ram IS ecc ram! ?

The board supports both according to Asus.

"Ken" <___ken3@telia.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:03:12 +0100, "BobSt" <bobstaples@dsl.pipex.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
> >> and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
> >> Low Profile
> >> And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen,
> >> nothing.
> >> I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors:
> >> 1 long, 2 short.
> >> I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
> >>
> >> Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
> >> little help to a guy from munich, germany.
> >> Thanx in advance !
> >> aki
> >>

> > Sounds like memory module problems - 3 beeps at boot indicates a main
memory
> > read/write error. Its worth if you can to get the modules checked over
in
> > another PC before returning for replacement. Just out of interest why
go
> > for EEC reg modules? The EEC memory modules for this board must be
> > unbuffered according to my manual but check with the ASUS web site for
the
> > latest info.
>
> P4C800-E Deluxe don't support memory modules with REG,
> but ECC type are no problem.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 27, 2004 3:25:27 AM

Lazarus wrote:

> with reg??
>
> I always thought that "registered" modules and "ecc" modules were one in the
> same?
>
> In other words registered ram IS ecc ram! ?
>
> The board supports both according to Asus.
>
> "Ken" <___ken3@telia.com> wrote in message

>>>Sounds like memory module problems - 3 beeps at boot indicates a main
>
> memory
>
>>>read/write error. Its worth if you can to get the modules checked over
>
> in
>
>>>another PC before returning for replacement. Just out of interest why
>
> go
>
>>>for EEC reg modules? The EEC memory modules for this board must be
>>>unbuffered according to my manual but check with the ASUS web site for
>
> the
>
>>>latest info.
>>
>>P4C800-E Deluxe don't support memory modules with REG,
>>but ECC type are no problem.

Wrong; those are independent attributes. ECC means extra bits for error
correction. Registered means that there is a buffer (a register) for
signal/timing regeneration. All four combinations are sold, but that MB
does not like registered RAM.
--
Cheers, Bob
Anonymous

DaveW wrote:

> The P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard does NOT use ECC memory.

Wrong. Mine does, and that is one of the reasons I paid extra $s
to get a MB with the 875 chipset which does support ECC.
--
Cheers, Bob
September 27, 2004 7:01:33 PM

according to the specs on the web it does!!!!

bob.......thanks for the ecc/reg explanation i didnt know that stuff!

> The P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard does NOT use ECC memory.
September 28, 2004 3:16:20 AM

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:46:00 +0000 (UTC), "Lazarus" <a@b.c> wrote:

> with reg??
>
> I always thought that "registered" modules and "ecc" modules were
> one in the same?

No. I use ECC memory without "registered" in my P4C800-E Deluxe.
2x Kingston KVR400X72C3A/512
http://www.valueram.com/config/ModelsInfo.asp?sysID=157...
September 28, 2004 3:20:09 AM

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:55:08 GMT, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

> The P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard does NOT use ECC memory.

It does if you put ECC memory in. I did.
But it don't like "registered" memory modules.

http://www.valueram.com/config/ModelsInfo.asp?sysID=157...
!