P4C800E deluxe and Corsair Ram. No boot :-(

Hi experts,

Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
Low Profile
And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen, nothing.
I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors: 1 long, 2
short.
I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....

Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
little help to a guy from munich, germany.
Thanx in advance !
aki
10 answers Last reply
More about p4c800e deluxe corsair boot

    "Axel Ricken" <axel.ricken@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Hi experts,
    >
    > Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
    > and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
    > Low Profile
    > And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen, nothing.
    > I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors: 1 long, 2
    > short.
    > I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
    >
    > Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
    > little help to a guy from munich, germany.
    > Thanx in advance !
    > aki

    Sounds like memory module problems - 3 beeps at boot indicates a main memory
    read/write error. Its worth if you can to get the modules checked over in
    another PC before returning for replacement. Just out of interest why go
    for EEC reg modules? The EEC memory modules for this board must be
    unbuffered according to my manual but check with the ASUS web site for the
    latest info.

    Check also that you have both motherboards power connectors installed - see
    manual. Lastly ensure your power supply is adequate - I have heard rumours
    that 350w is the minimum required for this motherboard. Good luck.
    Bob

    One long and 2 short beeps on an asus board is indeed ram failure.

    Normally it means video failure but it is ram on asus boards

    Does that board have onboard sound? If so plug a speaker in the back and the
    nice lady will confirm if it is your ram using "voice post"

    "Axel Ricken" <axel.ricken@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Hi experts,
    >
    > Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
    > and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
    > Low Profile
    > And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen, nothing.
    > I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors: 1 long, 2
    > short.
    > I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
    >
    > Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
    > little help to a guy from munich, germany.
    > Thanx in advance !
    > aki

    The P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard does NOT use ECC memory.

    --
    DaveW

    On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:03:12 +0100, "BobSt" <bobstaples@dsl.pipex.com>
    wrote:

    >> Did i buy the wrong RAM Modules ? I have a brandnew Asus Bord
    >> and install two Modules Corsair PC 3200 DDR 1024 PC 400 ECC REG
    >> Low Profile
    >> And now: Nothing happens ! No boot, no picture on the screen,
    >> nothing.
    >> I tried several graphics cards, no picture. I get Beep Errors:
    >> 1 long, 2 short.
    >> I tried only one module in every slot, nothing....
    >>
    >> Did i buy the wrong RAM ? Is the MOBO dead ? Please experts, give a
    >> little help to a guy from munich, germany.
    >> Thanx in advance !
    >> aki
    >>

    > Sounds like memory module problems - 3 beeps at boot indicates a main memory
    > read/write error. Its worth if you can to get the modules checked over in
    > another PC before returning for replacement. Just out of interest why go
    > for EEC reg modules? The EEC memory modules for this board must be
    > unbuffered according to my manual but check with the ASUS web site for the
    > latest info.

    P4C800-E Deluxe don't support memory modules with REG,
    but ECC type are no problem.

    with reg??

    I always thought that "registered" modules and "ecc" modules were one in the
    same?

    In other words registered ram IS ecc ram! ?

    The board supports both according to Asus.

    Lazarus wrote:

    > with reg??
    >
    > I always thought that "registered" modules and "ecc" modules were one in the
    > same?
    >
    > In other words registered ram IS ecc ram! ?
    >
    > The board supports both according to Asus.
    >
    > "Ken" <___ken3@telia.com> wrote in message

    >>>Sounds like memory module problems - 3 beeps at boot indicates a main
    >
    > memory
    >
    >>>read/write error. Its worth if you can to get the modules checked over
    >
    > in
    >
    >>>another PC before returning for replacement. Just out of interest why
    >
    > go
    >
    >>>for EEC reg modules? The EEC memory modules for this board must be
    >>>unbuffered according to my manual but check with the ASUS web site for
    >
    > the
    >
    >>>latest info.
    >>
    >>P4C800-E Deluxe don't support memory modules with REG,
    >>but ECC type are no problem.

    Wrong; those are independent attributes. ECC means extra bits for error
    correction. Registered means that there is a buffer (a register) for
    signal/timing regeneration. All four combinations are sold, but that MB
    does not like registered RAM.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

    DaveW wrote:

    > The P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard does NOT use ECC memory.

    Wrong. Mine does, and that is one of the reasons I paid extra $s
    to get a MB with the 875 chipset which does support ECC.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

    according to the specs on the web it does!!!!

    bob.......thanks for the ecc/reg explanation i didnt know that stuff!

    On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:46:00 +0000 (UTC), "Lazarus" <a@b.c> wrote:

    > with reg??
    >
    > I always thought that "registered" modules and "ecc" modules were
    > one in the same?

    No. I use ECC memory without "registered" in my P4C800-E Deluxe.
    2x Kingston KVR400X72C3A/512
    http://www.valueram.com/config/ModelsInfo.asp?sysID=15770&OEM=ASU&submit1=Search

    On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:55:08 GMT, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

    > The P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard does NOT use ECC memory.

    It does if you put ECC memory in. I did.
    But it don't like "registered" memory modules.

    http://www.valueram.com/config/ModelsInfo.asp?sysID=15770&OEM=ASU&submit1=Search

Asus RAM Boot Corsair Motherboards