Error Code 28 on DVD Drive Install

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I purchases a Sony DX-530UL External DVD Burner and
attempted to attach it to my laptop via fireware (1394)
cable. XP did not recognize the drive and there were no
drivers on the cdrom supplied with the DVD Burner. Sony
claims it is a MS XP issue. The exact error is:

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall
Driver.

The location is: on OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host
Controller

It states to reinstall drivers but none exist?? At a
loss, any ideas?

Carl

Sounds like you should reinstall your system board inifile

--
Carl