WinXPpro and P4P800-E-Deluxe: how to get hyperthreading to..

Hi

I've changed my PIII MB to a P4P800-E Deluxe.
But I don't will re-install WinXP _and_ all my dozens of other programms.
:-(

W/o a re-installation WinXPpro can't recognize, that my P4 or the MB can
Hyper-threading.
So the Device Manager under Computer doesn't says 'ACPI Multiprocessor PC',
it says ACPI-PC.

There's a way to change the HAL (DLLs) to 'ACPI Multiprocessor PC'?
I know it exists a KB article to do this for Win2000, but there's no article
who describes the same for WinXP.

TIA
More about winxppro p4p800 deluxe hyperthreading

    If you really don not want to reinstall XP after having changed your
    motherboard, then I can safely say that you can look forward to loads of
    Registry errors on your system in the years ahead.

    --
    DaveW

    "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've changed my PIII MB to a P4P800-E Deluxe.
    > But I don't will re-install WinXP _and_ all my dozens of other programms.
    > :-(
    >
    > W/o a re-installation WinXPpro can't recognize, that my P4 or the MB can
    > Hyper-threading.
    > So the Device Manager under Computer doesn't says 'ACPI Multiprocessor
    > PC',
    > it says ACPI-PC.
    >
    > There's a way to change the HAL (DLLs) to 'ACPI Multiprocessor PC'?
    > I know it exists a KB article to do this for Win2000, but there's no
    > article
    > who describes the same for WinXP.
    >
    > TIA

    "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've changed my PIII MB to a P4P800-E Deluxe.
    > But I don't will re-install WinXP _and_ all my dozens of other programms.
    > :-(
    >
    > W/o a re-installation WinXPpro can't recognize, that my P4 or the MB can
    > Hyper-threading.
    > So the Device Manager under Computer doesn't says 'ACPI Multiprocessor
    > PC',
    > it says ACPI-PC.
    >
    > There's a way to change the HAL (DLLs) to 'ACPI Multiprocessor PC'?
    > I know it exists a KB article to do this for Win2000, but there's no
    > article
    > who describes the same for WinXP.

    Boot from the XP CD and choose the second repair option. It will re-install
    Windows, but leave your programs, etc installed. You'll have to re-install
    any third party drivers and run Windows Update to get all the latest
    updates.

    NuQ wrote:
    > "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message

    NuQ

    Thank you for your answer.

    > Boot from the XP CD and choose the second repair option. It will

    I can't boot from the XP CD any more. :-(
    There's an other way to repair?

    > re-install Windows, but leave your programs, etc installed. You'll
    > have to re-install any third party drivers and run Windows Update to
    > get all the latest updates.

    OK.

    > NuQ wrote:
    >> "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message
    >
    > NuQ
    >
    > Thank you for your answer.
    >

    >> Boot from the XP CD and choose the second repair option. It will
    >
    > I can't boot from the XP CD any more. :-(
    > There's an other way to repair?

    No other way that I know of.

    Op Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:10:15 +0200 schreef Peter Wagner:

    > NuQ wrote:
    >> "Peter Wagner" <vba@directbox.com> wrote in message
    >> Boot from the XP CD and choose the second repair option. It will
    >
    > I can't boot from the XP CD any more. :-(
    > There's an other way to repair?

    'Not any more' implies you could boot from the cd before - if so, you
    should still be able to do so. Just make sure the cd-rom drive is listed
    before the hard drive in the list of boot devices in the BIOS.

    If you can't boot from the cd at all, you can simply install the repair
    console on the hard disc. Put the XP cd in the drive, select Start, Run and
    type
    X:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons
    where X is the cd-rom drive letter.
    The next time you start the computer (and every time from now on, or until
    you remove the repair console), you will be asked what you want to do:
    start Windows XP or start the Repair console.

    Wim

    Peter Wagner wrote:
    > Wim Zefat wrote:

    > An other possibility is, that the software on the WinXP cd can't
    > recognize my CD-ROM, a Lite-on burner?!
    > I've made the recovery installation with an other CD-ROM device, it
    > wasn't a burner.
    > So I should change the CD-ROM device (install the old again). :-(

    I've changed the CD-ROM device by 2 others.
    It doesn't helps. :-(

    The boot sector should be ok.
    Virus scanners doesn't found any boot sector virus.
    chkdsk or scandisk says it's all ok.

    Why can WinXP access the hd drive but at booting from the winxp cd rom it
    can't?!
    Or doesn't knows the winxp cd the new IDE chipset from Intel ->ICH5R?

    Re-formatting the hd drive?
    In 1 or 2 month I'll buy a new drive, than I'll have a new formatted drive.

Asus Device Manager Motherboards