Looking for a new printer that doesn't clog, used much, etc.

Hello. I think I need to replace Epson Stylus Color 880 printer because
every time I print, I get black wheel/roller marks and blobs. I tried
clean every places, but no go. It seems fine if I am only feeding paper
without printing. Maybe the printer head went bad and leaks when
printing? Oh well, I only paid about 70 bucks for it back in September
2001.

What's the best printer brand and model that doesn't clog often, easy
to maintain, etc. I also don't use the printer much as I used to do as
a student. I will print a few pages maybe once a month so the ink
catridges need to stay in shape for a longer period of time especially
during heat waves in Southern CA. I also still want to be able to print
photographs in colors on glossy papers. This will be rare as well.

The printer should work in Windows 95 to XP, Linux, and MacOS X
(10.2.8; PowerBook G4 15" 1 Ghz). Parallel support would be nice for my
old Pentium 150 MMX laptop with Windows 95 OSR2, but I doubt that
parallel support still exists these days.

Any printer sales happening in my area at Costco, Best Buy, Circuit
City, CompUSA, Office Depot, Staples, etc.? I don't want to spend a lot
of money on a new printer. It doesn't need to be the newest model
either.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"When I am at my lowest, that is when I see things the clearest. It's
hard to care about ants when you're soaring with eagles." --unknown
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup/mailing
( ) list.

BURT

Best to print a few pages - even black only text - each week to keep the
heads clear on any inkjet printer. To varying degrees they all clog up when
unused. Read back posts on this newsgroup for cleaning techniques and for
links to sites that have cleaning tips. The 880 may still be alright if
cleaned properly.

<ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I think I need to replace Epson Stylus Color 880 printer because
> every time I print, I get black wheel/roller marks and blobs. I tried
> clean every places, but no go. It seems fine if I am only feeding paper
> without printing. Maybe the printer head went bad and leaks when
> printing? Oh well, I only paid about 70 bucks for it back in September
> 2001.
>
> What's the best printer brand and model that doesn't clog often, easy
> to maintain, etc. I also don't use the printer much as I used to do as
> a student. I will print a few pages maybe once a month so the ink
> catridges need to stay in shape for a longer period of time especially
> during heat waves in Southern CA. I also still want to be able to print
> photographs in colors on glossy papers. This will be rare as well.
>
> The printer should work in Windows 95 to XP, Linux, and MacOS X
> (10.2.8; PowerBook G4 15" 1 Ghz). Parallel support would be nice for my
> old Pentium 150 MMX laptop with Windows 95 OSR2, but I doubt that
> parallel support still exists these days.
>
> Any printer sales happening in my area at Costco, Best Buy, Circuit
> City, CompUSA, Office Depot, Staples, etc.? I don't want to spend a lot
> of money on a new printer. It doesn't need to be the newest model
> either.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "When I am at my lowest, that is when I see things the clearest. It's
> hard to care about ants when you're soaring with eagles." --unknown
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Phillip Pi (Ant) @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
> | |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
> \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup/mailing
> ( ) list.

Hmm, after cleaning and printing without marks, the problem comes back after
a few days. I have to clean it every other day everytime I use it. :(

--
"When I was five years old, I saw an insect that had been eaten by
ants and of which nothing remained except the shell. Through the holes