pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D still no solution to this issue**

hi, I've posted similar posts about this before and still haven't received
any working solution to my problem. my compaq presario xp machine originaly
came with a cd/dvd combo drive (phillips cdd5301), now since installing a
pioneer dvd-rw dvr-106d, the original cd drive does not seem to work
properly, such as autoplay not working or if I insert a cd/dvd there,
windows will not read the disk until I restart. Now I do know there is a
way to correct this as I have before, but I have done a reformat since then
and have completely forgotten what it was I did (already tried banging my
head on my desk). If I do get help this time, I will write down the
instructions and keep it handy for future use.
any help is appreciated, me.
3 answers Last reply
More about pioneer 106d solution issue

    Hi
    Did you try going to system propertys and then Device manager and right
    click on that drive and click on uninstall. then rebbot and let windows
    reinstall it.
    Hope this helps.

    --
    Carl
    "Sk8104S8tan" <Sk8104S8tan@home.com> wrote in message
    > hi, I've posted similar posts about this before and still haven't received
    > any working solution to my problem. my compaq presario xp machine
    originaly
    > came with a cd/dvd combo drive (phillips cdd5301), now since installing a
    > pioneer dvd-rw dvr-106d, the original cd drive does not seem to work
    > properly, such as autoplay not working or if I insert a cd/dvd there,
    > windows will not read the disk until I restart. Now I do know there is a
    > way to correct this as I have before, but I have done a reformat since
    then
    > and have completely forgotten what it was I did (already tried banging my
    > head on my desk). If I do get help this time, I will write down the
    > instructions and keep it handy for future use.
    > any help is appreciated, me.

    I did that on both drives, also the secondary IDE channel to no good effect,
    also the dvd writer drive came with software cd: 'Ulead dvd movie factory',
    'nero express' and 'sai write dvd'. nero and sai write especially are
    required to use the dvd writer drive and it also works on the original
    drive. I just know there's some setting or combination settings because I
    did it before, but I never thought I'd need to do it again (d'oh!). and here
    I am, anyways thanks for the advice.

    p.s. this is small potatoes though, it could be worse (knock on wood).

    "Carl" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Did you try going to system propertys and then Device manager and right
    > click on that drive and click on uninstall. then rebbot and let windows
    > reinstall it.
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > --
    > Carl
    > "Sk8104S8tan" <Sk8104S8tan@home.com> wrote in message
    > > hi, I've posted similar posts about this before and still haven't
    received
    > > any working solution to my problem. my compaq presario xp machine
    > originaly
    > > came with a cd/dvd combo drive (phillips cdd5301), now since installing
    > > pioneer dvd-rw dvr-106d, the original cd drive does not seem to work
    > > properly, such as autoplay not working or if I insert a cd/dvd there,
    > > windows will not read the disk until I restart. Now I do know there is
    > > way to correct this as I have before, but I have done a reformat since
    > then
    > > and have completely forgotten what it was I did (already tried banging
    my
    > > head on my desk). If I do get help this time, I will write down the
    > > instructions and keep it handy for future use.
    > > any help is appreciated, me.

    someone last week posted a note about some issues with his cd drive and the same symptoms you're having. the solution was to uninstall the udf packet writing software from nero. it seems the nero bundled rw software is causing an issue

    "Sk8104S8tan" wrote:

    > I did that on both drives, also the secondary IDE channel to no good effect,
    > also the dvd writer drive came with software cd: 'Ulead dvd movie factory',
    > 'nero express' and 'sai write dvd'. nero and sai write especially are
    > required to use the dvd writer drive and it also works on the original
    > drive. I just know there's some setting or combination settings because I
    > did it before, but I never thought I'd need to do it again (d'oh!). and here
    > I am, anyways thanks for the advice.
    >
    > p.s. this is small potatoes though, it could be worse (knock on wood).
    >
    > "Carl" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Did you try going to system propertys and then Device manager and right
    > > click on that drive and click on uninstall. then rebbot and let windows
    > > reinstall it.
    > > Hope this helps.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carl
    > > "Sk8104S8tan" <Sk8104S8tan@home.com> wrote in message
    > > > hi, I've posted similar posts about this before and still haven't
    > received
    > > > any working solution to my problem. my compaq presario xp machine
    > > originaly
    > > > came with a cd/dvd combo drive (phillips cdd5301), now since installing
    > > > pioneer dvd-rw dvr-106d, the original cd drive does not seem to work
    > > > properly, such as autoplay not working or if I insert a cd/dvd there,
    > > > windows will not read the disk until I restart. Now I do know there is
    > > > way to correct this as I have before, but I have done a reformat since
    > > then
    > > > and have completely forgotten what it was I did (already tried banging
    > my
    > > > head on my desk). If I do get help this time, I will write down the
    > > > instructions and keep it handy for future use.
    > > > any help is appreciated, me.

DVD RW Windows XP