Raid drives lost after windows xp pro corrupts

June 23, 2004 12:47:50 AM

Can anyone help. My xp corrupted (config file).
Reloaded windows, the BIOS recognizes the raid drives,
but when windows starts, the drives are invisible.
Anyone experience this? If so, what is the solution? I
would like to reload the raid drives (two 60 gig 7200 rpm
WD drives) with the data intact. I am not sure if this
is possible, but if not, how can I reload the raided
drives?
June 24, 2004 11:21:22 PM

I normally use SCSI raid not ATA, I will try to help, when
you boot the system, does the raid configuration show up
in the BIOS? from what I understand of ATA raid is that in
order for you to set it up you must configure it 1st in
the BIOS, in other words raid 0, 1, or 0+1. second when
you reloaded windows did you press f6 to add the drivers
for XP?

!