P4P800-E Deluxe Bios DRAM Settings no boot

I bought an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, Intel P4 3.0 GHz Boxed (Intel fan), 2 x
512MB Kingston RAM 400 MHz CL 2.5 and an Enermax Coolergiant ATX 12V V1.3
Plus power supply. It works great and is stable with standard BIOS
settings. But I have 2 small problems.

First Problem: The BIOS (1002 BETA, the newest, I think, but didn't updated
it) has a little bug. When I go to "Power"/"Hardware Monitor" settings, it
stucks. Only after long time waiting and much patience I can change options
and leave the BIOS.
The power fan display is red and it shows about 1700 rpm. I think, when the
power fan drops below 2000, the BIOS stuck.
Did someone know a newer BIOS or other solution for this problem?

Second Problem: When I change the memory acceleration mode
("Advanced"/"Advanced Chipset Settings") to enabled, save and leave BIOS,
it didn't reboot. Screen is black and nothing happens. Only clearing cmos
to delete BIOS settings is the solution. Same happens, when I set the
Performance Mode ("Advanced"/"Configure System Frequency/Voltage") to
Turbo.
Is this a problem with the good Kingston RAM? Someone knows a solution?

Regards
Sascha Kiesewetter
9 answers Last reply
More about p4p800 deluxe bios dram settings boot

    Sascha Kiesewetter wrote:
    > I bought an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, Intel P4 3.0 GHz Boxed (Intel fan), 2 x
    > 512MB Kingston RAM 400 MHz CL 2.5 and an Enermax Coolergiant ATX 12V V1.3
    > Plus power supply. It works great and is stable with standard BIOS
    > settings. But I have 2 small problems.
    >
    > First Problem: The BIOS (1002 BETA, the newest, I think, but didn't updated
    > it) has a little bug.

    Latest I know is 1004e_01.zip, no probs here.

    When I go to "Power"/"Hardware Monitor" settings, it
    > stucks. Only after long time waiting and much patience I can change options
    > and leave the BIOS.
    > The power fan display is red and it shows about 1700 rpm. I think, when the
    > power fan drops below 2000, the BIOS stuck.

    The fan speed is controlled by voltage, just change from 11/16 to an
    higher value for the qfan utility (depends on your fan, for me it is 12/16).

    > Did someone know a newer BIOS or other solution for this problem?
    >
    > Second Problem: When I change the memory acceleration mode
    > ("Advanced"/"Advanced Chipset Settings") to enabled, save and leave BIOS,
    > it didn't reboot. Screen is black and nothing happens. Only clearing cmos
    > to delete BIOS settings is the solution.

    Just power off and wait a moment.

    Same happens, when I set the
    > Performance Mode ("Advanced"/"Configure System Frequency/Voltage") to
    > Turbo.
    > Is this a problem with the good Kingston RAM? Someone knows a solution?

    No there is no problem with your ram, just switch to standard instead of
    auto what will enable performance mode. There are severall reviews with
    details (give google a try).
    You may verify your setting with tools like everest, ctiaw, cpuiz (all
    freeware).

    > Regards
    > Sascha Kiesewetter

    Niclaas

    In article <cjce8s$5s5$1@newsreader2.netcologne.de>, Niclaas Grehling
    <niclaas.grehling@netcologne.de> wrote:

    > Sascha Kiesewetter wrote:
    <<snip>>

    > Same happens, when I set the
    > > Performance Mode ("Advanced"/"Configure System Frequency/Voltage") to
    > > Turbo.
    > > Is this a problem with the good Kingston RAM? Someone knows a solution?
    >
    > No there is no problem with your ram, just switch to standard instead of
    > auto what will enable performance mode. There are severall reviews with
    > details (give google a try).
    > You may verify your setting with tools like everest, ctiaw, cpuiz (all
    > freeware).
    >

    > > Regards
    > > Sascha Kiesewetter
    >
    > Niclaas

    The only thing I would add to this, is "Turbo" sets the memory to
    2-2-2 timings, which is very aggressive. If you have Corsair 3200XL,
    Ballistix, etc, those memories could use Turbo and the motherboard
    would boot. For "ordinary" RAM (the kind I can afford), stay
    away from Turbo.

    If doing performance adjustments, setting the memory timings and
    speed manually, is the way to go. The tools Niclaas mentions
    are indispensible for making and observing such adjustments.
    CTIAW, for example, will show you whether you are getting the
    equivalent of PAT enabled or not.

    ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/ctiaw.zip

    You can search for CTIAW on abxzone, and see people using it,
    and doing experiments on their motherboards.

    http://www.abxzone.com/forums/search.php?searchid=304376

    There is a picture of the output of CTIAW in this thread:
    http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49613

    You could try flashing up the BIOS, and see if your power
    monitor situation improves. If it does not, it could be
    that the power monitor chip or the SMBUS are defective,
    in which case, if the board is a recent purchase, you
    might want to return the board to your retailer before the
    initial return period allowed has expired.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Niclaas Grehling wrote:

    > Sascha Kiesewetter wrote:
    >> I bought an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, Intel P4 3.0 GHz Boxed (Intel fan), 2 x
    >> 512MB Kingston RAM 400 MHz CL 2.5 and an Enermax Coolergiant ATX 12V V1.3
    >> Plus power supply. It works great and is stable with standard BIOS
    >> settings. But I have 2 small problems.
    >>
    >> First Problem: The BIOS (1002 BETA, the newest, I think, but didn't
    >> updated it) has a little bug.
    >
    > Latest I know is 1004e_01.zip, no probs here.

    Where can I get the newest BIOS? Searched the web, but didn't find it.
    Newest BIOS for P4P800-E Deluxe is 1002.002 BETA.

    > When I go to "Power"/"Hardware Monitor" settings, it
    >> stucks. Only after long time waiting and much patience I can change
    >> options and leave the BIOS.
    >> The power fan display is red and it shows about 1700 rpm. I think, when
    >> the power fan drops below 2000, the BIOS stuck.
    >
    > The fan speed is controlled by voltage, just change from 11/16 to an
    > higher value for the qfan utility (depends on your fan, for me it is
    > 12/16).

    Did Q-fan sets all the fan speeds? I thought Q-fan only controls the cpu fan
    speed.

    Thx
    Sascha

    first update your mb bios , in
    ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4P800-E%20DX/1003-004.zip
    this is latest bios for this mb, 1003 beta 4..

    i have P4 2,8GHz prescot with 2 x 256 Mb ddr400 cl2,5 kingston and ASUS
    P4P800-E Deluxe
    i not like to overclock :)

    Margus

    McTimur wrote:

    > first update your mb bios , in
    > ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4P800-E%20DX/1003-004.zip
    > this is latest bios for this mb, 1003 beta 4..

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_478/INTEL_Chipset/i865pe/P4P800-E/1004e_01.zip

    Sascha Kiesewetter wrote:

    > Niclaas Grehling wrote:
    >

    >>Sascha Kiesewetter wrote:
    >>
    >>>I bought an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, Intel P4 3.0 GHz Boxed (Intel fan), 2 x
    >>>512MB Kingston RAM 400 MHz CL 2.5 and an Enermax Coolergiant ATX 12V V1.3
    >>>Plus power supply. It works great and is stable with standard BIOS
    >>>settings. But I have 2 small problems.
    >>>
    >>>First Problem: The BIOS (1002 BETA, the newest, I think, but didn't
    >>>updated it) has a little bug.
    >>
    >>Latest I know is 1004e_01.zip, no probs here.
    >

    > Where can I get the newest BIOS? Searched the web, but didn't find it.
    > Newest BIOS for P4P800-E Deluxe is 1002.002 BETA.
    >

    >>When I go to "Power"/"Hardware Monitor" settings, it
    >>
    >>>stucks. Only after long time waiting and much patience I can change
    >>>options and leave the BIOS.
    >>>The power fan display is red and it shows about 1700 rpm. I think, when
    >>>the power fan drops below 2000, the BIOS stuck.
    >>
    >>The fan speed is controlled by voltage, just change from 11/16 to an
    >>higher value for the qfan utility (depends on your fan, for me it is
    >>12/16).
    >

    > Did Q-fan sets all the fan speeds? I thought Q-fan only controls the cpu fan
    > speed.
    >
    > Thx
    > Sascha
    It controlls the cpu fan. If another fan shows low speed, just ignore
    it. Likely it`s running at low speed but within specs. That will of
    course not affect your bios.

    Regards
    Niclaas

    But these are not the BIOS's for the Deluxe version. Are they compatible
    with the P4P800-E Deluxe?

    Sascha

    Sascha Kiesewetter wrote:
    > But these are not the BIOS's for the Deluxe version. Are they compatible
    > with the P4P800-E Deluxe?
    >
    > Sascha
    >

    > Niclaas Grehling wrote:
    >

    >>McTimur wrote:
    >>

    >>>first update your mb bios , in
    >>>ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4P800-E%20DX/1003-004.zip
    >>>this is latest bios for this mb, 1003 beta 4..
    >>

    >>ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_478/INTEL_Chipset/i865pe/P4P800-E/1004e_01.zip

    On this side the dlx is not seperately listed and you may ask your
    flashutil, it checks it for you. If you use the "asusupdate" it won`t
    even try to flash if there is a mismatch. In case you fell unsure about
    flashing: first save your bios to a file. After this apply the new bios,
    restart. You will be forced to go into the biossetting screens. Apply
    default settings, change the setting to your preferred values, boot into
    OS. That`s it. In case you suffer from a power outage, use the fallback
    bios of your board.

    Niclaas

    >> Latest I know is 1004e_01.zip, no probs here.
    >
    > Where can I get the newest BIOS? Searched the web, but didn't find it.
    > Newest BIOS for P4P800-E Deluxe is 1002.002 BETA.

    Use the ASUS update tool and go to the German ASUS site, 1004xxx is there.

Asus BIOS Motherboards