MCE certifeid motherboard

Hello

Are there yet Asus motherboards that has the Designed for Windows Media
Center Edition Logo?

I'm looking for a new system with MCE and an Asus mainboard.

Thanks

Driekes

No.

--
DaveW

"Driekes" <biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Are there yet Asus motherboards that has the Designed for Windows Media
> Center Edition Logo?
>
> I'm looking for a new system with MCE and an Asus mainboard.
>
> Thanks
>
> Driekes

O, and what should I use when this operating system is used?

"DaveW" <none@zero.org> schreef in bericht
> No.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Driekes" <biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > Are there yet Asus motherboards that has the Designed for Windows Media
> > Center Edition Logo?
> >
> > I'm looking for a new system with MCE and an Asus mainboard.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Driekes

Paul

Splendid

In article <415a4d11$0$44091$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl>, "Driekes"
<biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote:

> O, and what should I use when this operating system is used?

This web page http://www.craitontesting.com/ says:

"Microsoft will accept your Designed for Windows Media Center
Edition Logo submissions starting September 15, 2004."

If that is true, it is too soon to see products with the Logo.
If you visit the Microsoft web site, they don't even mention
motherboards as being candidates for the Logo! Maybe an ordinary
Windows logo is good enough ?

Your problem is, you are trying to use motherboards with
integrated graphics, and the feature sets on those leave a lot
to be desired (every motherboard works slightly different in
terms of video modes supported). Perhaps installing a video card
with the Logo will help. That way, there is one less feature
required of the motherboard.

Why not email Microsoft and ask them how best to guarantee MCE
will work on the computers you build ?

Paul

Paul wrote:
> In article <415a4d11$0$44091$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl>, "Driekes"
> <biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>O, and what should I use when this operating system is used?
>>

> This web page http://www.craitontesting.com/ says:
>
> "Microsoft will accept your Designed for Windows Media Center
> Edition Logo submissions starting September 15, 2004."
>
> If that is true, it is too soon to see products with the Logo.
> If you visit the Microsoft web site, they don't even mention
> motherboards as being candidates for the Logo! Maybe an ordinary
> Windows logo is good enough ?
>
> Your problem is, you are trying to use motherboards with
> integrated graphics, and the feature sets on those leave a lot
> to be desired (every motherboard works slightly different in
> terms of video modes supported). Perhaps installing a video card
> with the Logo will help. That way, there is one less feature
> required of the motherboard.
>
> Why not email Microsoft and ask them how best to guarantee MCE
> will work on the computers you build ?
>
> Paul

You can't buy MCE unless your an OEM. Building your own PVR isn't
something Microsoft wants you doing, look into MythTV if thats your aim.

I'm an oem so that's no problem. I heard from my vendor that there are some
Gigabyte board that has that logo but I can't find that on the website of
Gigabyte. By the way, Gigabyte is not an option.. to many problems had
before. I'm going to contact Microsoft. I let you now.