915 and 925 intel chipset boards

Hi Everyone....

I guess these are pretty new... is anyone experiencing any troubles with
these boards or is it generally safe to upgrade to them and enjoy a computer
without problems? Just curious. I'd like the 24bit audio and all the other
goodies... PCI-Express...etc.

thanks
Jeff
2 answers Last reply
More about intel chipset boards

    Well Jeff, I think no one is using them.... I'm also interrested in the new
    boards but I hear/read so little about them that I don't dear to use the new
    boards. Maybe wait for a while.

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:10:26 GMT, "Jeff" <jlabute@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >Hi Everyone....
    >
    >I guess these are pretty new... is anyone experiencing any troubles with
    >these boards or is it generally safe to upgrade to them and enjoy a computer
    >without problems? Just curious. I'd like the 24bit audio and all the other
    >goodies... PCI-Express...etc.
    >
    >thanks
    >Jeff

    Actually, Intel had some problems with them. Had to call back the
    whole initial lot. Bought a lot of motherboards ;)

    All their changes seem to be a last ditch effort to make people buy
    products they don't want or need.

    Buy AMD. Better stuff.

    The technological changes Intel is trying to stuff down your throat
    are the types of things you'd want to wait two years before buying
    anyway to get the bugs out and get real support in hardware and
    software.

    Why buy slow expensive ram ? etc.

Asus Chipsets Intel Motherboards