Newegg problems?

vinCe

Anyone having trouble with Newegg besides me?

Went onto their site today to order a bunch of stuff,
but it's like 2/3 of their catalog is missing. Tried to
look up the price on an A7N8X-E mobo and it's not
even there. Ditto on a hard drive I know was there
just a few days ago.

Anyone have an alternate vendor to recommend?

Len

Don't recall for sure but either Saturday or Sunday morning could not even
access their site. Who knows how much they might have to rebuild if it was
a serious server farm crash!

I have also used http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp

but there selection is less then NewEgg.

FWIW,
Len

"Vince" <tiab-maps@mirror-universe.com> wrote in message
> Anyone having trouble with Newegg besides me?
>
> Went onto their site today to order a bunch of stuff,
> but it's like 2/3 of their catalog is missing. Tried to
> look up the price on an A7N8X-E mobo and it's not
> even there. Ditto on a hard drive I know was there
> just a few days ago.
>
> Anyone have an alternate vendor to recommend?

I have had good experiences with NewEgg and ALSO with ZipZoomFly and 3DCool
and have never had a bad experience with any of these three.

MikeSp

"Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have had good experiences with NewEgg and ALSO with ZipZoomFly and
3DCool
> and have never had a bad experience with any of these three.

Also consider:
www.mwave.com
www.pagecomputers.com

Vince wrote:

> Anyone having trouble with Newegg besides me?
>
> Went onto their site today to order a bunch of stuff,
> but it's like 2/3 of their catalog is missing. Tried to
> look up the price on an A7N8X-E mobo and it's not
> even there. Ditto on a hard drive I know was there
> just a few days ago.
>
> Anyone have an alternate vendor to recommend?

First, Newegg has updated their site in the past
few months. Second, it would appear that they are
no longer listing items that are no longer in stock
unless on "short order". And, third, items, esp. on
sale, do get snatched up very quickly.

"Vince" <tiab-maps@mirror-universe.com> wrote in message
> Anyone having trouble with Newegg besides me?
>
> Went onto their site today to order a bunch of stuff,
> but it's like 2/3 of their catalog is missing. Tried to
> look up the price on an A7N8X-E mobo and it's not
> even there. Ditto on a hard drive I know was there
> just a few days ago.
>
> Anyone have an alternate vendor to recommend?

www.directron.com is not bad, but a little high on video cards, etc.

M-Wave in Cailifornia is very reliable and fast.

--
DaveW

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

| Vince wrote:
|
| > Anyone having trouble with Newegg besides me?
| >
| > Went onto their site today to order a bunch of stuff,
| > but it's like 2/3 of their catalog is missing. Tried to
| > look up the price on an A7N8X-E mobo and it's not
| > even there. Ditto on a hard drive I know was there
| > just a few days ago.
| >
| > Anyone have an alternate vendor to recommend?
| >

| First, Newegg has updated their site in the past
| few months. Second, it would appear that they are
| no longer listing items that are no longer in stock
| unless on "short order". And, third, items, esp. on
| sale, do get snatched up very quickly.

I also tried the newegg site the other day and the web page delays
were immense if not eternal. Looked like their server was having a
heart attack.
--
Best regards,
Kyle

Personaly I like monarchcomputer.com.
Good speed on processing, shipping and tech support. They also host forums that
custumers can use to ask techs and other users questions. A nice thing when
your considering a purchese and can bug the techs about the prodect before you
buy. Also since I'm in CA Newegg is a bit pricy when you factor shipping and
tax in. Often Monarch will beat out the price due to that.

My 2 Cents
~A

"Azaran2003" <azaran2003@aol.com> wrote in message
| Personaly I like monarchcomputer.com.
| Good speed on processing, shipping and tech support. They also host
forums that
| custumers can use to ask techs and other users questions. A nice
thing when
| your considering a purchese and can bug the techs about the prodect
before you
| buy. Also since I'm in CA Newegg is a bit pricy when you factor
shipping and
| tax in. Often Monarch will beat out the price due to that.
|
| My 2 Cents
| ~A

If you're in CA and want decent shipping and decent prices with no
sales tax add-on, try www.tcwo.com, Thomson Computer Warehouse (sp?).
I've had good experience with them.

Personally, I surf Newegg often just looking for good deals on
shipping. I recently bought a case (raidmax Scorpio series 868w,
last years model) from newegg for under $50 including shipping, and it
is a very nice case 420W PS, nice black paint job on case, windowed
side panel, front audio/usb connectors 3 case fans etc.
http://www.overclockers.com/articles875/
--
Best regards,
Kyle

>If you're in CA and want decent shipping and decent prices with no
>sales tax add-on, try www.tcwo.com, Thomson Computer Warehouse (sp?).
>I've had good experience with them.
>
>Personally, I surf Newegg often just looking for good deals on
>shipping. I recently bought a case (raidmax Scorpio series 868w,
>last years model) from newegg for under $50 including shipping, and it
>is a very nice case 420W PS, nice black paint job on case, windowed
>side panel, front audio/usb connectors 3 case fans etc.
>http://www.overclockers.com/articles875/
>--
>Best regards,
>Kyle

Hey Kyle, thanks for the tip. Cant bring the site up right now, keeps timing
out. It may just be Cox playing silly buggers with my conntection so I'll check
it out for later.

~A

donc

Distinguished
May 24, 2003

> >If you're in CA and want decent shipping and decent prices with no
>>sales tax add-on, try www.tcwo.com, Thomson Computer Warehouse (sp?).
>>I've had good experience with them.
>>
>>Personally, I surf Newegg often just looking for good deals on
>>shipping. I recently bought a case (raidmax Scorpio series 868w,
>>last years model) from newegg for under $50 including shipping, and it
>>is a very nice case 420W PS, nice black paint job on case, windowed
>>side panel, front audio/usb connectors 3 case fans etc.
>>http://www.overclockers.com/articles875/
>>--
>>Best regards,
>>Kyle
>>

> Hey Kyle, thanks for the tip. Cant bring the site up right now, keeps
> timing
> out. It may just be Cox playing silly buggers with my conntection so I'll
> check
> it out for later.
>
> ~A

Not Cox. I haven't been able to get it either. Must be a day of for them
: )

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

On 09 Oct 2004 09:22:30 GMT, azaran2003@aol.com (Azaran2003) wrote:

>Personaly I like monarchcomputer.com.
>Good speed on processing, shipping and tech support. They also host forums that
>custumers can use to ask techs and other users questions. A nice thing when
>your considering a purchese and can bug the techs about the prodect before you
>buy. Also since I'm in CA Newegg is a bit pricy when you factor shipping and
>tax in. Often Monarch will beat out the price due to that.
>
>My 2 Cents
>~A

The State of Calif now asks for their sales tax on your income tax
return if you didn't pay it "online".

Since you're paying with a credit card, you can imagine where this is
going.

Angels watching over us 24/7 ;)

>The State of Calif now asks for their sales tax on your income tax
>return if you didn't pay it "online".
>
>Since you're paying with a credit card, you can imagine where this is
>going.
>
>Angels watching over us 24/7 ;)

Really? I havent heard this lil tidbit of info. Dont see how they'd be entitled
to it since the store is out of state. That'd be like taxing someone for having
bought something while physicaly being out of state.

Michigan does it too -- and even several years ago, IIRC (we've been
back in MI only since last November). I don't think MI is alone in
having a "Use Tax" in addition to a "Sales Tax": ST for goods bought in
MI; UT for goods bought out of state. And the Use Tax does apply to
goods bought while physically outside the state, but credit is given for
the amount of tax paid to the other state if that is less than the MI
rate (6%). On last year's MI Income Tax form there was a place to
declare the value of goods purchased out of state -- and, in the absence
of supporting documentation to the contrary (to be shown in case of
audit, I assume), one was deemed to have purchased out of state a
certain value of goods dependent on one's income.

--
MB

Whether you vote Democrat or Republican in November, the country will
still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not by your
elected representatives.

On 10/11/04 04:50 am Azaran2003 put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

| >The State of Calif now asks for their sales tax on your income tax
| >return if you didn't pay it "online".
| >
| >Since you're paying with a credit card, you can imagine where this
is
| >going.
| >
| >Angels watching over us 24/7 ;)
| >

| Really? I havent heard this lil tidbit of info. Dont see how they'd
be entitled
| to it since the store is out of state. That'd be like taxing someone
for having
| bought something while physicaly being out of state.

Many states "attempt" to collect sales tax using this methodology,
including Indiana. I guess they think some people will document such
purchases and send money so it's better than no tax collected. The
legal foundation is a case out of Colorado I believe.
--
Best regards,
Kyle

And what about Gifts that are bought online and given to someone in yet another
state? I for one am not a tax collector for any state and am not going to go
out of my way to track or collect taxes for any state.

>Subject: Re: Newegg problems?
>From: "Kylesb" me@privacy.net
>Date: 10/11/2004 11:50 AM Eastern Standard Time
>
>"Azaran2003" <azaran2003@aol.com> wrote in message
>| >The State of Calif now asks for their sales tax on your income tax
>| >return if you didn't pay it "online".
>| >
>| >Since you're paying with a credit card, you can imagine where this
>is
>| >going.
>| >
>| >Angels watching over us 24/7 ;)
>| >

>| Really? I havent heard this lil tidbit of info. Dont see how they'd
>be entitled
>| to it since the store is out of state. That'd be like taxing someone
>for having
>| bought something while physicaly being out of state.
>
>Many states "attempt" to collect sales tax using this methodology,
>including Indiana. I guess they think some people will document such
>purchases and send money so it's better than no tax collected. The
>legal foundation is a case out of Colorado I believe.
>--
>Best regards,
>Kyle

It's called "use tax," and we had it in Indiana well over a decade ago.
Basically, if you buy something you're supposed to pay sales tax on it. If
you buy it out of state, you are supposed to pay sales tax on it anyways.
Otherwise people will always buy products from out of state companies and
the state will lose a valuable revenue stream. This was originally intended
to apply to mail-order catalogues, magazine subscriptions, and the like.
But with the boom of the Internet and online shopping, this has become a
much bigger issue for just about any state.

Usually, if the company you are buying from has offices in your state then
they are required to collect and pay sales tax. I wouldn't be suprised if
one day we see either a national sales tax that is redistributed to the
states, or we'll see states requiring businesses who sell product into a
state where they are not located to collect sales tax anyway.

"Azaran2003" <azaran2003@aol.com> wrote in message
> >The State of Calif now asks for their sales tax on your income tax
>>return if you didn't pay it "online".
>>
>>Since you're paying with a credit card, you can imagine where this is
>>going.
>>
>>Angels watching over us 24/7 ;)
>>

> Really? I havent heard this lil tidbit of info. Dont see how they'd be
> entitled
> to it since the store is out of state. That'd be like taxing someone for
> having
> bought something while physicaly being out of state.

donc

Distinguished
May 24, 2003

There apparently is a process underway to require etailers to collect sales
tax for sales to customers in all states that legislate
standardized/simplified sales tax laws. As I understand it a state would
have to have one rate state-wide and a common application at least for
interstate purchases. Many states have sales tax rates that vary by county
and/or city which makes collection extremely burdensome. Not sure of the
exact details but I do know that Michigan is finalizing the law to meet the
new requirements.