Problem when replacing PS/2 keyboard with USB

June 23, 2004 1:58:01 PM

Hi,

I'm having an issue with keyboard installation. I have a
MS Internet Keyboard Pro (with usb hub) that is plugged
into both the PS/2 connector and one USB slot. Yesterday,
I wanted to replace it with just a standard USB keyboard.
If I boot with just the USB keyboard, I get to the windows
IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I re-install the PS/2 keyboard
connection, and WinXPHome loads just fine. I can connect
the USB keyboard after WinXp loads, and it works just fine.

Didn't have much time to mess with it yesterday, due to
storms, but what can I do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 10:45:43 PM

The MS Internet Pro keyboard drivers may be causing the problem.

> Hi,
>
> I'm having an issue with keyboard installation. I have a
> MS Internet Keyboard Pro (with usb hub) that is plugged
> into both the PS/2 connector and one USB slot. Yesterday,
> I wanted to replace it with just a standard USB keyboard.
> If I boot with just the USB keyboard, I get to the windows
> IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I re-install the PS/2 keyboard
> connection, and WinXPHome loads just fine. I can connect
> the USB keyboard after WinXp loads, and it works just fine.
>
> Didn't have much time to mess with it yesterday, due to
> storms, but what can I do to troubleshoot this?
>
> Thanks!

June 23, 2004 10:45:44 PM

Here is an update:
Unplugged everything USB and tried with just
keyboard. Turned legacy USB support off and on. Removed the keyboard driver and installed the latest driver. No Go.

WinXP will not load without the PS/2 keyboard hooked up.
The last hex of the IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL stop is
0X804F50B0.

!