wifi - IE6 problem

Using dell laptop w/dlink wifi card. It tells me I am connected with the
wifi but IE6 keeps saying it finds no connection and will not let me browse
the internet - says working off line. Have called wifi provider w/no results
- have search lot of info on the Inet and found only one message that has
same problem but no answers??

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about wifi problem

    Hi

    If you have a solid Wireless connection, it might be that IE6 is still set
    to use DialUp.

    Pull down in IE6 the Tools menu, choose Internet options, click on the
    connection Tab, and check never dial a connection.

    However it might be that you simply do not have a Wireless network
    connection.

    Since you did not indicated what is your source and how the system is
    configured it is hard to help you.

    The content of the following links will provide you with a short tutorial
    about Wireless; it is short and to the point:

    Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122

    The page above was written by me ages ago. You might ignore the prices, but
    the principles are still the same.

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "joaston@msn.com" <joaston@msn.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A1125A05-D864-441E-B906-3C178B412F6E@microsoft.com...
    > Using dell laptop w/dlink wifi card. It tells me I am connected with the
    > wifi but IE6 keeps saying it finds no connection and will not let me
    browse
    > the internet - says working off line. Have called wifi provider w/no
    results
    > - have search lot of info on the Inet and found only one message that has
    > same problem but no answers??
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you.

WiFi and Home Networking IE6 Wireless Networking