usb2 and firewire dvd burner

Hello to everybody

Once again, and sorry if I'm annoying some of you, but I request your help
about following problem.

I have a LaCie d2 external dvd burner with both usb2 and firewire
connection ; my laptop is only usb1 compliant ; when connecting the burner
on the usb connector, it works ... I can write cds and dvds, but slowly ...
the firewire connection does not work : nothing happens at all, although I
tried to push the button (according to the LaCie support team !).
I tested the burner on the firewire connector of 3 different laptops,
running all 3 Windows XP, but without success ... the firewire connections
of the 3 laptops were tested OK (network and recorder connections).
If anybody got the same problem, tell me please how it could be solved (or
not).

Thanks.

Pacha
1 answer Last reply
More about usb2 firewire burner

    Try to connect the drive to external power.

    --PA

    "Anonyme" <pacha.l@club-internet.fr> wrote in message news:OeC1a3UWEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Hello to everybody
    >
    > Once again, and sorry if I'm annoying some of you, but I request your help
    > about following problem.
    >
    > I have a LaCie d2 external dvd burner with both usb2 and firewire
    > connection ; my laptop is only usb1 compliant ; when connecting the burner
    > on the usb connector, it works ... I can write cds and dvds, but slowly ...
    > the firewire connection does not work : nothing happens at all, although I
    > tried to push the button (according to the LaCie support team !).
    > I tested the burner on the firewire connector of 3 different laptops,
    > running all 3 Windows XP, but without success ... the firewire connections
    > of the 3 laptops were tested OK (network and recorder connections).
    > If anybody got the same problem, tell me please how it could be solved (or
    > not).
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Pacha

DVD Burner Firewire Windows XP