P4P800-E Delux wont post

I have the listed motherboard with a 2.8 PIV, 512 ddr 400 ram. Video card
is a working (tried it on another p4p800 motherboard) xfx video card. when
i power it up, I receive no video and no post messages or post beeps. I've
stripped the system down to just the motherboard, ram, cpu and video card.
the keyboard lights up, the LED on the mother board lights up, the cpu fan
powers up. when i had all components connected, the floppy drive powered
up, the dvdrw and dvd rom powered up the HDD powered up. all told
everything powered up except video and no post beeps. I've tried to reset
the cmos by resetting the jumpers. Anyone have any suggestions??

Thank You.

Paul

Splendid

In article <Xns9573E66D6DF72jsidlerptdprolognet@204.186.200.105>, "John P.
Sidler" <siddoogie@netscape.net> wrote:

> I have the listed motherboard with a 2.8 PIV, 512 ddr 400 ram. Video card
> is a working (tried it on another p4p800 motherboard) xfx video card. when
> i power it up, I receive no video and no post messages or post beeps. I've
> stripped the system down to just the motherboard, ram, cpu and video card.
> the keyboard lights up, the LED on the mother board lights up, the cpu fan
> powers up. when i had all components connected, the floppy drive powered
> up, the dvdrw and dvd rom powered up the HDD powered up. all told
> everything powered up except video and no post beeps. I've tried to reset
> the cmos by resetting the jumpers. Anyone have any suggestions??
>
> Thank You.

ATX 2x2 12V connector plugged in ? Does your power supply have one of
those connectors ? It is necessary to get power to the processor.
The fan runs from a different source of +12V than the processor.
The processor is only powered through a 2x2 power connector.

HTH,
Paul

Lazarus

plug a speaker in the back and listen to the voice post!

"John P. Sidler" <siddoogie@netscape.net> wrote in message
> I have the listed motherboard with a 2.8 PIV, 512 ddr 400 ram. Video card
> is a working (tried it on another p4p800 motherboard) xfx video card.
when
> i power it up, I receive no video and no post messages or post beeps.
I've
> stripped the system down to just the motherboard, ram, cpu and video card.
> the keyboard lights up, the LED on the mother board lights up, the cpu fan
> powers up. when i had all components connected, the floppy drive powered
> up, the dvdrw and dvd rom powered up the HDD powered up. all told
> everything powered up except video and no post beeps. I've tried to reset
> the cmos by resetting the jumpers. Anyone have any suggestions??
>
> Thank You.

Been there and done that, too this week. The CPU fan and the chassis fan
(opposite the CPU} connectors on the MB have to hooked to fans for the RPM
signal before the MB will boot. That took me a while also...