Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse

June 23, 2004 5:55:01 PM

Hello,

I just purchased a Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse today for my laptop. My laptop has a PS\2 port and one USB port. I would like to keep the USB port free. I tried to connect the mouse on the PS\2 port with USB to PS\2 converter but it did not work. I really like this mouse and do not wan to return it to the store. Is there way I can use this mouse on the PS\2 port?

Thank you.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 10:41:36 PM

Laptops may need to have the PS/2 port enabled in the BIOS/CMOS screen.

"Shamsul Shah" <Shamsul Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just purchased a Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse today for my laptop.
My laptop has a PS\2 port and one USB port. I would like to keep the USB
port free. I tried to connect the mouse on the PS\2 port with USB to PS\2
converter but it did not work. I really like this mouse and do not wan to
return it to the store. Is there way I can use this mouse on the PS\2 port?

> Thank you.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 11:16:09 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately this mouse does not have a PS/2 connector, and is a USB only
mouse.
Using a USB to PS/2 adpater will not make this mouse work.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Shamsul Shah" <Shamsul Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just purchased a Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse today for my laptop.
> My laptop has a PS\2 port and one USB port. I would like to keep the USB
> port free. I tried to connect the mouse on the PS\2 port with USB to PS\2
> converter but it did not work. I really like this mouse and do not wan to
> return it to the store. Is there way I can use this mouse on the PS\2
> port?
>
> Thank you.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 11:57:50 PM

If you don't mind the size try ther regular microsoft optical mouse.
Wroked fine on my PIII sony laptop and on the P4 compaq laptop.

!