Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse

Hello,

I just purchased a Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse today for my laptop. My laptop has a PS\2 port and one USB port. I would like to keep the USB port free. I tried to connect the mouse on the PS\2 port with USB to PS\2 converter but it did not work. I really like this mouse and do not wan to return it to the store. Is there way I can use this mouse on the PS\2 port?

Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft notebook optical mouse

    Laptops may need to have the PS/2 port enabled in the BIOS/CMOS screen.

    "Shamsul Shah" <Shamsul Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just purchased a Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse today for my laptop.
    My laptop has a PS\2 port and one USB port. I would like to keep the USB
    port free. I tried to connect the mouse on the PS\2 port with USB to PS\2
    converter but it did not work. I really like this mouse and do not wan to
    return it to the store. Is there way I can use this mouse on the PS\2 port?

    > Thank you.

    Hi,

    Unfortunately this mouse does not have a PS/2 connector, and is a USB only
    mouse.
    Using a USB to PS/2 adpater will not make this mouse work.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Shamsul Shah" <Shamsul Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just purchased a Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse today for my laptop.
    > My laptop has a PS\2 port and one USB port. I would like to keep the USB
    > port free. I tried to connect the mouse on the PS\2 port with USB to PS\2
    > converter but it did not work. I really like this mouse and do not wan to
    > return it to the store. Is there way I can use this mouse on the PS\2
    > port?
    >
    > Thank you.

    If you don't mind the size try ther regular microsoft optical mouse.
    Wroked fine on my PIII sony laptop and on the P4 compaq laptop.

    Gary Tsang wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Unfortunately this mouse does not have a PS/2 connector, and is a USB only
    > mouse.
    > Using a USB to PS/2 adpater will not make this mouse work.

Mice Notebooks PS/2 Microsoft Windows XP