Can't mount Compact Flash card in XP Home Edition

Hi,

Have a new installation of XP Home (with all current
updates and SP1) on my laptop and now my Compact Flash
memory cards from my digital camera won't mount. They
worked fine on this computer when it was running Windows
200.

When I insert a my compact flash adapter/card into the
PCMCIA slot the SunDisk SDP driver installs and is listed
in the device manager with an exclamation point. The
error says the driver is not intended for this platform.

What's the story? I've tried 3 different flash cards
(16mb, 48mb, and 256mb) all get that error with SunDisk
SDP or CF-ATA_________ driver

help!!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about mount compact flash card home edition

    I belive you need to download a new windows xp driver for
    your flash adapter. You said it was a sundisk... i have
    never hurd of sundisk did you mean sandisk? If so here is
    a link to their website.
    http://www.sandisk.com/
    I also found this which might be of some help to you.
    http://www.sandisk.com/tech/faq/101.html
    ~Jordan

    I am just putting the Compact Flash cards into the PCMCIA
    slot with a flash adapter--such a device does not have
    it's own driver, but uses the drivers built into Windows
    XP.

    The name of the driver that Windows installs is
    called "SunDisk SDP". It is not Sandisk.

    I have read that Sandisk FAQ and tried all solutions with
    no success (including disabling IR port in BIOS to free
    up IRQs).

    I tried another Compact Flash card and it has the same
    problem however the driver listed in the Device Manager
    is "CF-ATA_______" and it has a yellow "!" in front of it
    as well.

    This is driving me crazy!

    HELP!!!!

    Hi,

    Are you still having this problem?

    I have exactly the same problem. It used to work perfectly in Windows
    2000, but I receive the same "Driver is not intended for this platform"
    message.

    This post is the closest I've found to something useful on the
    subject.

    I'm using a Dell Inspiron 8200. I have tried the methods in the FAQ. No
    luck at all.

    Edit: I'm now using Windows 2003 with all updates.

    --
    slackarse
    slackarse's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=278

Compact Flash Windows XP