P4G8X Deluxe - S-ATA led?

I have connected the HDD led from my P4G8X Deluxe to the HDD led cable in
my tower. However I don't seem to get any light in the HDD lamp up front.
I tried to apply it both ways with same result.

Is it because my S-ATA controller don't send any information on the HDD/IDE
led?

If so, how can I get the activity on mye S-ATA drive to reflect on the HDD
lamp?

It cannot be done; it wasn't designed to work that way.

--
DaveW