USB 2.0 Stopped working

Hi All:
I just upgraded 3 week old HP zd7000 Series Laptop (moel
cl188) to xp professional from home edition. I cannot get
USb ports to recognize anything. I have disabled power
management per Microsoft. I have re-installed the chipset
utility. I have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Root Hubs.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Jamal

You must install SP1 for USB 2.0.

Bobby

"Jamal Mubarik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All:
> I just upgraded 3 week old HP zd7000 Series Laptop (moel
> cl188) to xp professional from home edition. I cannot get
> USb ports to recognize anything. I have disabled power
> management per Microsoft. I have re-installed the chipset
> utility. I have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Root Hubs.
>
> I would be grateful for any suggestions.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jamal

My Version of XP is SP 1

wrote in message
>> Hi All:
>> I just upgraded 3 week old HP zd7000 Series Laptop
(moel
>> cl188) to xp professional from home edition. I cannot
get
>> USb ports to recognize anything. I have disabled power
>> management per Microsoft. I have re-installed the
chipset
>> utility. I have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Root
Hubs.

>> I would be grateful for any suggestions.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jamal
>

>.

There are several version of XP Pro. Make sure the one you used had SP1 in
it. If not, you could always re-install SP1a.

Also, there is another patch of USB2, after SP1a was installed.