Okay I have been running my machine with a 80 GB and Zip drive on one IDE
channel. And a CD Burner and DVD drive on the other. No problems. I
recently decided to get a 120 GB Sata drive and DVD Burner to replace the CD
Burner.

So my setup is 1x120 GB sata, 80 IDE and Zip on Primary IDE Channel, and DVD
+ DVD Burner on the Secondary IDE Channel. Problem is that the DVD drives
don't show up now. Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Jeff Adams wrote:

> So my setup is 1x120 GB sata, 80 IDE and Zip on Primary IDE Channel,
> and DVD + DVD Burner on the Secondary IDE Channel. Problem is that
> the DVD drives don't show up now. Anyone have any ideas why this
> might be?

OK, you've bound to ahve checked this, but still... Are you sure that both
are not set as Master?

Best Wishes
Thomas

> OK, you've bound to ahve checked this, but still... Are you sure that both
> are not set as Master?

Shortly after posting I decided to take the SATA drive out and see what
happens. Upon reboot it then saw only the burner. Taking the burner out, I
had indeed left it as "master". It's always the small things that get you.