Emery

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

My computer would not reboot windows after a power
outage. I reinstalled Windows XP (recovery mode) and it
boots just fine now. However the second hard drive (NTFS)
is not assigned a drive letter and I can not assess its
files via Windows. If I go to the device manager, the
drive is there, is working properly, has a partition, but
no drive letter. The menu to change drive letters is
grayed out. I can assess the drive and its files via a
Norton boot disk just fine. The drive is recognized by
the computer on initial turn on, but not after windows
boots up.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make windows assign
a drive letter to this drive?

Right click on My Computer, select Manage. On the following screen, click
on Disk Management.... it should appear on the right hand side of the
screen.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com