missing drive letter

My computer would not reboot windows after a power
outage. I reinstalled Windows XP (recovery mode) and it
boots just fine now. However the second hard drive (NTFS)
is not assigned a drive letter and I can not assess its
files via Windows. If I go to the device manager, the
drive is there, is working properly, has a partition, but
no drive letter. The menu to change drive letters is
grayed out. I can assess the drive and its files via a
Norton boot disk just fine. The drive is recognized by
the computer on initial turn on, but not after windows
boots up.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make windows assign
a drive letter to this drive?
1 answer Last reply
More about missing drive letter

    Right click on My Computer, select Manage. On the following screen, click
    on Disk Management.... it should appear on the right hand side of the
    screen.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Emery" <emery@ti.com> wrote in message
    > My computer would not reboot windows after a power
    > outage. I reinstalled Windows XP (recovery mode) and it
    > boots just fine now. However the second hard drive (NTFS)
    > is not assigned a drive letter and I can not assess its
    > files via Windows. If I go to the device manager, the
    > drive is there, is working properly, has a partition, but
    > no drive letter. The menu to change drive letters is
    > grayed out. I can assess the drive and its files via a
    > Norton boot disk just fine. The drive is recognized by
    > the computer on initial turn on, but not after windows
    > boots up.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas on how to make windows assign
    > a drive letter to this drive?

Computers Windows XP