Sign in with
Your question

IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL ERROR

Last response: in Windows 7
January 21, 2011 3:36:04 AM

Hey everyone I built the September 2010 gaing comp from this site and ive ben having BSOD pop up of, you guessed it IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL. I cant seem to put my finger on why its crashing. Ive run the defaut RAM checker and its fine. I even bought a Driver Installer(Bad Idea btw) called Driver Navigator. From the research I have done i can pin it down to a few common suggestions.

1. Overheating

2.The stupid driver installer i bought has been reinstalling earlier versions

3.RAM issue(I get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors as well)

4.BIOS/Kernel issue

5.I Installed a bad driver

So, I can tell im a complete n00b when it comes to these errors and i really cannot find out whats happening. Anyone have a suggestion?(If u need more info il see what i can do)

More about : irql equal error

a b $ Windows 7
January 21, 2011 3:50:37 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please provide us with a list with the make and model of your system components. In particular the motherboard, memory modules, graphics card(s) and power supply unit.
a b $ Windows 7
January 21, 2011 5:13:34 AM

RAM seems the more likely option. Have you got more than one stick of memory? Can you boot the system up using one at a time?
Related resources
January 21, 2011 5:30:44 PM

ko888 said:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please provide us with a list with the make and model of your system components. In particular the motherboard, memory modules, graphics card(s) and power supply unit.

September 2010 1000$ gaming computer setup on this site (i said that in my post lol).
January 21, 2011 5:34:00 PM

Herr_Koos said:
RAM seems the more likely option. Have you got more than one stick of memory? Can you boot the system up using one at a time?

I have 2 sticks of RAM, i havent tried booting it up with one at a time. The wierd thing is the computer runs completely fine for a few hours and then it just crashes out of the blue. (bad joke i know) Even when i leave it alone to run on its own without me doing anything it will crash
January 21, 2011 5:42:35 PM

Quote:
Please download this

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Its call Bluescreen view

Then make sure your crash dumps is enabled. On the above link they tell you how.

if your crash dumps was enabled run the application.

The files in red are the ones causing the error post they're names here.

10 to 1 its your antivirus clashing with something.

Ps. If you can't boot into windows choose safe mode with networking

I didnt think of the antivirus, I got AVG Free as soon as I could hook up to the internet, good call. Il give this a shot when I get home and see how it goes. For what I can tell the dump seems to be enabled because when it blue screens i see a dump message at the bottom that counts to 100% and then it restarts on it own or tells me to do so.

Also, I can get into windows and do everything any normal computer can do (heck i even started this thread from it) but it seems to crash randomly. Hope the software gets rid of it! /cross fingers
a c 372 $ Windows 7
January 21, 2011 5:46:10 PM

Could be the graphics card!
a b $ Windows 7
January 21, 2011 6:26:31 PM

There are several (many?) Newegg Customer Reviews of the Crucial Technology CT2KIT25664BA1339 that report random BSODs when using this RAM on a P55 chipset motherboard.

Contact Crucial Customer Service and get them replaced.
January 21, 2011 9:26:09 PM

Crazzydude said:
I didnt think of the antivirus, I got AVG Free as soon as I could hook up to the internet, good call. Il give this a shot when I get home and see how it goes. For what I can tell the dump seems to be enabled because when it blue screens i see a dump message at the bottom that counts to 100% and then it restarts on it own or tells me to do so.

Also, I can get into windows and do everything any normal computer can do (heck i even started this thread from it) but it seems to crash randomly. Hope the software gets rid of it! /cross fingers

Okay, so I ran the software you suggested and got this "ntoskrnl.exe"
a b $ Windows 7
January 21, 2011 9:42:54 PM

I'm thinkin it's gotta be ram or the cpu heatsink is not seated properly.....
What are the temps you have when idling?
CPU,HDD,VIDEO,RAM,etc.
This could prove valuable....in diagnosing your problem....
Also, I'm not familiar with the build components of your system if you could be so kind as to put these up as well as any O/Cing you did.
JQ
January 21, 2011 10:25:56 PM

ko888 said:
There are several (many?) Newegg Customer Reviews of the Crucial Technology CT2KIT25664BA1339 that report random BSODs when using this RAM on a P55 chipset motherboard.

Contact Crucial Customer Service and get them replaced.
Where did he even say what RAM he has?
January 24, 2011 5:12:16 PM

Alright im gonna try upgrading the bios and see if that helps, along with checking my seatsink if it comes down to it. It doesnt seem to be overheating, and the exaust doesnt seem too warm(yet again this could be the heatsink affixed incorrectly). If neither of these work, then Im going to borrow one of my friends extra RAM sticks and test it out. Memtest doesnt report any problems, so if it is the RAM its a compatability issue like one of u said and I need new RAM anyways. No point in replacing incompatable parts ,ya know. Besides I can always save those for my next project.
January 24, 2011 9:27:35 PM

Hmm I did some more research about the RAM and it seems there is an issue with certain batches of my RAM type. OR more accurately it was manufacured by a different company an resold by Crucial. Toms support team is right again! Here is the link

http://www.alternativerecursion.info/?p=797

And yes, damn u Crucial! Now, what to do with those RAM sticks.....
January 24, 2011 9:57:09 PM

Crazzydude said:
Hmm I did some more research about the RAM and it seems there is an issue with certain batches of my RAM type. OR more accurately it was manufacured by a different company an resold by Crucial. Toms support team is right again! Here is the link

http://www.alternativerecursion.info/?p=797

And yes, damn u Crucial! Now, what to do with those RAM sticks.....

Actually, Crucial changed its parts, then gave the original parts a new part number. The original CT2KIT25664BA1339 that won the awards and was used in several System Builder Marathons is now called CT2KIT25664BA1339A, while the "new stuff" that now goes by the old part number is single-sided high-density RAM. Yes, blame Crucial.
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2011 11:01:50 PM

That's why I love my OCZ ram...it is solid.
Most stores in Winnipeg have stopped selling OCZ, but that won't deter me, I will still buy OCZ as it is the best ram I've found so far!
I've clocked the crap out of my ram and it still works..lol
January 25, 2011 2:36:49 AM

Idk, I just think that was a little.......sneaky on Crucials part. Anyway I tracked down the part I MEANT to buy (the part Crucial resold) from the origional vendor since it was actually priced very nicely compared to the other options that my system is compatable with and its reviews seemed fine. When it comes down to it I probrably should have done a little more research before I bought the part. But, now I learned my lesson and I can probraly use the RAM on something else anyways. So, no harm no foul.
January 25, 2011 2:39:18 AM

g skill ftw, seriously ocz is crap
January 25, 2011 2:39:50 AM

btw I think it's the RAM as well
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2011 3:06:48 AM

johnnyq1233 said:
That's why I love my OCZ ram...it is solid.
Most stores in Winnipeg have stopped selling OCZ, but that won't deter me, I will still buy OCZ as it is the best ram I've found so far!
I've clocked the crap out of my ram and it still works..lol

OCZ is leaving the DRAM business on February 28, 2011 and focusing only on their SSD business.
January 25, 2011 3:15:10 AM

because OCZ ram isn't liked anymore because of people like me, sorry
!