Mouse cursor problems

XP Pro had been installed for about three months. In the
recent past the mouse will unexpectedly move all over the
screen and cause all the on screen menues to appear.

I have checked for viruses, worms, trojans, spyware,
etc., but drawn a blank.

Can anyone suggest a possible cause.

Did you install the latest Windows XP compatible drivers
for your new video card? If you did, then try re-seating
the video card. If that does not cure the problem, it's likely
your video card is defective.

Also, you should check your BIOS settings and make sure
they are configured correctly for the video card.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!