Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Thanks to all of you who gave me some advice.

I think that I may have found a solution ,I have under
clocked my cpu it was a xp2700+ running at 2.2 gig but it
is now seen as a xp2100+ running at 1.73 gig and I have
had no crashes since changing the CPU FSB clock frequency
in the bios. In view of this would that suggest that it
is the cpu or the psu that is to fault

Phil

Mike

Splendid

Maybe, but also clean out the inside of the tower, paying attention to dust
in the CPU fan/heatsink assembly.. it could be that the CPU is running hot
enough to cause crashes, but not quite hot enough to close the system down..

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to all of you who gave me some advice.
>
> I think that I may have found a solution ,I have under
> clocked my cpu it was a xp2700+ running at 2.2 gig but it
> is now seen as a xp2100+ running at 1.73 gig and I have
> had no crashes since changing the CPU FSB clock frequency
> in the bios. In view of this would that suggest that it
> is the cpu or the psu that is to fault
>
> Phil

Blessed

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

Hi Phil, I am having the same problem. Ever since I
installed windows xp my pc shuts down on its own. Can
you tell me what I can do to change that? I would
greatly appreciate it.