P4P800-E, "Promise SATA console SCSI processor"

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2004 2:43:20 AM

I just reinstalled Windows 2000,
Now, I see an exclamation mark in device manager
next to:
"Promise SATA console SCSI processor"

I can't install the driver, Windows can't find it, I have tried
several times, using the Asus installation CD.

I'm not overclocking, the RAM is set to "auto"

my system:

Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3
ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
P4 2.8EGHz
1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
Thermaltake 420 watt psu
WD 80 GB hard drive
ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card

+

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://johnnyasia.info
October 3, 2004 3:42:46 PM

your drive a serial ata drive? You need to be clear with us here about the
exact specifics since this can be a hard drive issue :)

you check your bios to make sure you have the promise card set for IDE only
and not RAID? << im betting thats it right there or perhaps windows
ebforehand never detected the device not in use and it does now. Check that
Bios and again "IDE" for the promise controller. NOT RAID!!

also does it really matter? You only have one drive it works right?

<pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia)> wrote in message

> I just reinstalled Windows 2000,
> Now, I see an exclamation mark in device manager
> next to:
> "Promise SATA console SCSI processor"
>
> I can't install the driver, Windows can't find it, I have tried
> several times, using the Asus installation CD.
>
> I'm not overclocking, the RAM is set to "auto"
>

> my system:
>
> Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3
> ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
> P4 2.8EGHz
> 1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
> Thermaltake 420 watt psu
> WD 80 GB hard drive
> ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card
>
> +
>
> +
>
> Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
> http://johnnyasia.info

October 6, 2004 3:09:54 PM

pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia) wrote:
> I just reinstalled Windows 2000,
> Now, I see an exclamation mark in device manager
> next to:
> "Promise SATA console SCSI processor"
>
> I can't install the driver, Windows can't find it, I have tried
> several times, using the Asus installation CD.
>
> I'm not overclocking, the RAM is set to "auto"
>
> my system:
>
> Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3

A couple of things to note :

Service Pack 4 is the current revision of Windows 2000.

The current version of Windows 2000 (NT 5.0) is Windows XP (NT 5.1) - you
should upgrade as soon as possible.

Whenever you're having issues like these, you should always ensure your
software and drivers are all bang uptodate - this will often cure the
problem !
!