Prescott Temps on Asus MB

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2004 1:55:57 AM

On my Asus motherboard, P4P800,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.

I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic website
instructions. Antec case,
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?descripti...
with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.

Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?

Thanks in advance.

More about : prescott temps asus

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2004 6:16:03 AM

>the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.
>
>I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
>have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic website
>instructions. Antec case,
>http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?descripti...
>with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.
>
>Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?

I have a P4P800-E Deluxe with a 2.8E Prescott, stock heatsink, fan,
using the thermal tape that comes on the retail heatsink. Mine runs
33C - 44C I don't oveclock, all "auto" setting in BIOS.

I have a 60 mm rear fan, 80 mm side fan blowing in, 80 mm front fan
+

"The power of accurate observation is called cynicism
by those who have not got it." - G. B. Shaw

Want to know what's REALLY going on in Iraq?
http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/wakeup.html
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2004 3:26:44 AM

Yes.

--
DaveW

"p00lb0y" <p00lb0y@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> On my Asus motherboard, P4P800,
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>
> the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.
>
> I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I have
> lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic website
> instructions. Antec case,
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?descripti...
> with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.
>
> Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?
>
> Thanks in advance.
Related resources
October 6, 2004 3:03:12 PM

p00lb0y wrote:
> On my Asus motherboard, P4P800,
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>
> the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.
>
> I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
> have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic
> website instructions. Antec case,
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?descripti...
> with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.
>
> Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?

Yes.

Bear in mind that a reasonable temperature, is simply one that is stable. It
doesn't really matter if your CPU is reading 68c - if all is 100% stable,
then all is well.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2004 11:23:00 PM

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:55:57 GMT, p00lb0y <p00lb0y@insightbb.com>
wrote:

>On my Asus motherboard, P4P800,
>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>
>the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.
>
>I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
>have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic website
>instructions. Antec case,
>http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?descripti...
>with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.
>
>Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Hi,
here retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4 on a P4P800-e
dlx MB overcloked 5% (3150 MHz) = 51°C stable
Bye
Maurizio
!