Prescott Temps on Asus MB

On my Asus motherboard, P4P800,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-492&depa=0

the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.

I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic website
instructions. Antec case,
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-129-122&DEPA=0
with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.

Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?

Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about prescott temps asus

    >the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.
    >
    >I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
    >have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic website
    >instructions. Antec case,
    >http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-129-122&DEPA=0
    >with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.
    >
    >Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?

    I have a P4P800-E Deluxe with a 2.8E Prescott, stock heatsink, fan,
    using the thermal tape that comes on the retail heatsink. Mine runs
    33C - 44C I don't oveclock, all "auto" setting in BIOS.

    I have a 60 mm rear fan, 80 mm side fan blowing in, 80 mm front fan
    +

    "The power of accurate observation is called cynicism
    by those who have not got it." - G. B. Shaw

    Want to know what's REALLY going on in Iraq?
    http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/wakeup.html

    Yes.

    --
    DaveW

    p00lb0y wrote:
    > On my Asus motherboard, P4P800,
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-492&depa=0
    >
    > the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.
    >
    > I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
    > have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic
    > website instructions. Antec case,
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-129-122&DEPA=0
    > with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.
    >
    > Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?

    Yes.

    Bear in mind that a reasonable temperature, is simply one that is stable. It
    doesn't really matter if your CPU is reading 68c - if all is 100% stable,
    then all is well.

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:55:57 GMT, p00lb0y <p00lb0y@insightbb.com>
    wrote:

    >On my Asus motherboard, P4P800,
    >http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-492&depa=0
    >
    >the CPU temperature is nominally 50C.
    >
    >I am using the retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4. I
    >have lapped the heatsink and used Arctic Silver 5 per the Arctic website
    >instructions. Antec case,
    >http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-129-122&DEPA=0
    >with additional 120 mm fan for intake under front cover.
    >
    >Is this temperature reasonable for the configuration?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Hi,
    here retail CPU heatsink with a 3.0E Prescott Pentium 4 on a P4P800-e
    dlx MB overcloked 5% (3150 MHz) = 51°C stable
    Bye
    Maurizio

Asus Heatsinks Temperature Motherboards