A7V333 Unofficial list of Supported CPU for Rev 1.01

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Bus
  • CPUs
  • Windows XP
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2004 7:02:24 PM

Hello.

I have an A7v333 mobo rev 1.01 (Bios 1017) with Athlon XP 1800+ Model
6 Palomino @ 1.75V .
I am thinking about upgrading this CPU but I know the limitation of
the revision of this mobo with CPUs of 333 Mhz bus and I know the
quickest CPU with 266 mhz bus is a XP 2400+ Model 8 Thoroughbred.
My question is , could I use in this mobo Athlon XP Mobile CPUs?. Does
anyone know where I can find an unofficial list of supported cpus for
this mobo and revision?
Can someone tell me if 333 Mhz Bus doesn't run at all in this mobo.

I have read some posts of people that got this cpus working in this
revision.

Best Regards,
Jorge Gimenez

More about : a7v333 unofficial list supported cpu rev

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2004 6:54:15 PM

Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:02:24 -0700, Jorge Gim?nez Mayorgas ha scritto:

> Hello.
>
> I have an A7v333 mobo rev 1.01 (Bios 1017) with Athlon XP 1800+ Model
> 6 Palomino @ 1.75V .
> I am thinking about upgrading this CPU but I know the limitation of
> the revision of this mobo with CPUs of 333 Mhz bus and I know the
> quickest CPU with 266 mhz bus is a XP 2400+ Model 8 Thoroughbred.
> My question is , could I use in this mobo Athlon XP Mobile CPUs?.

I don't officially know about Mobile cpu's, I just can say I used this
venerable mobo (rev. 1.01) with a Barton 2600+ without any problem and
with performances comparable to the A7N8X-E Deluxe.

So I suppose they do work as long as they are 333 MHz CPUs.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2004 2:59:05 PM

Pearl schrieb:

> Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:02:24 -0700, Jorge Gim?nez Mayorgas ha scritto:
>

>>Hello.
>>
>>I have an A7v333 mobo rev 1.01 (Bios 1017) with Athlon XP 1800+ Model
>>6 Palomino @ 1.75V .
>>I am thinking about upgrading this CPU but I know the limitation of
>>the revision of this mobo with CPUs of 333 Mhz bus and I know the
>>quickest CPU with 266 mhz bus is a XP 2400+ Model 8 Thoroughbred.
>>My question is , could I use in this mobo Athlon XP Mobile CPUs?.
>

> I don't officially know about Mobile cpu's, I just can say I used this
> venerable mobo (rev. 1.01) with a Barton 2600+ without any problem and
> with performances comparable to the A7N8X-E Deluxe.
>
> So I suppose they do work as long as they are 333 MHz CPUs.

What about the Bios-Settings for the 333 Mhz CPU´s: 166/33?

Thanx
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2004 2:59:11 PM

Pearl schrieb:

> Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:02:24 -0700, Jorge Gim?nez Mayorgas ha scritto:
>

>>Hello.
>>
>>I have an A7v333 mobo rev 1.01 (Bios 1017) with Athlon XP 1800+ Model
>>6 Palomino @ 1.75V .
>>I am thinking about upgrading this CPU but I know the limitation of
>>the revision of this mobo with CPUs of 333 Mhz bus and I know the
>>quickest CPU with 266 mhz bus is a XP 2400+ Model 8 Thoroughbred.
>>My question is , could I use in this mobo Athlon XP Mobile CPUs?.
>

> I don't officially know about Mobile cpu's, I just can say I used this
> venerable mobo (rev. 1.01) with a Barton 2600+ without any problem and
> with performances comparable to the A7N8X-E Deluxe.
>
> So I suppose they do work as long as they are 333 MHz CPUs.

What about the Bios-Settings for the 333 Mhz CPU´s: 166/33?

Thanx
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2004 6:17:22 PM

>> I don't officially know about Mobile cpu's, I just can say I used this
>> venerable mobo (rev. 1.01) with a Barton 2600+ without any problem and
>> with performances comparable to the A7N8X-E Deluxe.
>>
>> So I suppose they do work as long as they are 333 MHz CPUs.
>
> What about the Bios settings?

I don't have one handy in this very moment, I just remember at boot time I
put the CPU on it asked me if it was a 100/133/166 MHz CPU: I choosed 166
and everything was in place.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2004 3:43:08 PM

Pearl schrieb:
>>>I don't officially know about Mobile cpu's, I just can say I used this
>>>venerable mobo (rev. 1.01) with a Barton 2600+ without any problem and
>>>with performances comparable to the A7N8X-E Deluxe.
>>>
>>>So I suppose they do work as long as they are 333 MHz CPUs.
>>
>>What about the Bios settings?
>>

> I don't have one handy in this very moment, I just remember at boot time I
> put the CPU on it asked me if it was a 100/133/166 MHz CPU: I choosed 166
> and everything was in place.

So i´ll take a XP3000+ and give it a try. Should work with 333Mhz
Infineon. Thanx for your answer.
October 7, 2004 5:28:07 AM

You might want to look at the site below.
http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

J. Peller wrote:

>>> What about the Bios settings?
>>>

>> I don't have one handy in this very moment, I just remember at boot
>> time I
>> put the CPU on it asked me if it was a 100/133/166 MHz CPU: I choosed 166
>> and everything was in place.
>

> So i´ll take a XP3000+ and give it a try. Should work with 333Mhz
> Infineon. Thanx for your answer.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 7, 2004 1:45:44 PM

Do you remember the P55T2P4 Rev 3.0? It was able to run a AMD K6 at
500MHz though it was not found in the documentation...
Of course they´ll never officially say that some other CPU´s are
supported (because of the specifications/stability and because they want
to sell their new boards of course...), but who cares about the word
"official"....The main thing is that it works. Asus is always good for
some surprises (not only positive). E.g. i thought that the A7V333 is
able to run at 333 MHz FSB, but with the older Bios this was not
possible (and now - by the way - it does). Asus meant 333 Mhz memory
speed...Marketing Trick?

!