A7N8X-X Error on shutdown without AGP card

I have an A7N8X-X m/b with a PCI graphics card, a Matrox Millennium.
When I shutdown Windows 2000 + sp3 I get a memory dump and a reference
to agp.sys. The message stays on screen unless W2k is set to reboot on
errors.

If I put in an AGP card there's no such error and Windows shuts down
properly.

SuSE Linux shuts down properly whatever graphics card I install.

I've tried disabling the reference to AGP in the BIOS.

Any ideas as to how to fix this annoying problem, other than ditching
the MM?

Thanks,

--

Peter

Did you try reinstalling windows with your agp card in? Or use a registry
cleaner to make sure there's no reference to your agp card in it?I would try
2 things, the easiest first. Make sure there's no reference to your agp card
in the registry, win.ini, sys.ini etc.... if that doesn't work, try a clean
install of windows 2k....... this is assuming of course that you installed
windows with the agp card in first then switched to your pci card... good
luck

{SFU}Xeon