XP not starting and Missing 'Monitor' icon in Device Manager

I tried to update my Viewsonic Monitor adapter. When I
reboot, now the computer hangs on the XP loading screen
then restarts itself over and over. When getting a chance
to go into Safe Mode, I check the device manager to see if
Monitor- 'Plug and Play' is there. It is not.
The 'Monitor' tab is missing from the list. Where did it
go? How can I get it back?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Boot into Safe Mode and run System Restore to a date/time before you tried
the monitor update.

If that is successful you can review the procedures you used to update the
monitor and see if you screwed up.