XP not starting and Missing 'Monitor' icon in Device Manager

I tried to update my Viewsonic Monitor adapter. When I
reboot, now the computer hangs on the XP loading screen
then restarts itself over and over. When getting a chance
to go into Safe Mode, I check the device manager to see if
Monitor- 'Plug and Play' is there. It is not.
The 'Monitor' tab is missing from the list. Where did it
go? How can I get it back?
1 answer Last reply
More about starting missing monitor icon device manager

    Boot into Safe Mode and run System Restore to a date/time before you tried
    the monitor update.

    If that is successful you can review the procedures you used to update the
    monitor and see if you screwed up.

    "JohnTrud" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I tried to update my Viewsonic Monitor adapter. When I
    > reboot, now the computer hangs on the XP loading screen
    > then restarts itself over and over. When getting a chance
    > to go into Safe Mode, I check the device manager to see if
    > Monitor- 'Plug and Play' is there. It is not.
    > The 'Monitor' tab is missing from the list. Where did it
    > go? How can I get it back?

Device Manager Monitors Windows XP