Bruce

I'm running XP professional and can boot from my dvd, in
fact I installed XP from the dvd. When I go into "My
Computer" I can see the dvd. When I open the dvd icon I
cannot see anyting and get the message "IO Device Error".
The dvd worked in another computer, I'ved changed the
cable. Can anyone help me please
Bruce

Windows XP does not come on a DVD. That aside, do you have the switches set
right (Master, Slave, Cable Select)? Check both the data cable (IDE Cable)
and the power connector to make sure they are both firmly connected.

Bobby