Long beep, followed by two short beeps

This is related to an ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe. I don't get video, but it seems as
if everything is on (LED, peripherals, all the fans are on including the CPU
fan), I however don't see anything on the LCD monitor (I tested the monitor,
and it's OK).

The manual says that beep codes are as follows:

One beep: keyboard or HD error
Two continuous beeps followed by 2 short beeps: floppy failure
Two continuous beeps followed by 4 short beeps: Hardware component failure

Nothing about 1 long beep followed by two short beeps (and it keeps on
repeating).

Any idea?
1 answer Last reply
More about long beep short beeps

    "Joseph Mouhanna" <j-o-s-e-p-h--no--s-p--a-m@m--ou--hann--a.net> wrote in
    message news:NYB8d.11674$na.8486@trnddc04...
    > This is related to an ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe. I don't get video, but it seems
    > as if everything is on (LED, peripherals, all the fans are on including
    > the CPU fan), I however don't see anything on the LCD monitor (I tested
    > the monitor, and it's OK).
    >
    > The manual says that beep codes are as follows:
    >
    > One beep: keyboard or HD error
    > Two continuous beeps followed by 2 short beeps: floppy failure
    > Two continuous beeps followed by 4 short beeps: Hardware component failure
    >
    > Nothing about 1 long beep followed by two short beeps (and it keeps on
    > repeating).
    >
    > Any idea?

    "failure in video system"

    Look here:
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm

    I'd guess your video card is not fully seated. Hopefully it's not
    defective.

    Good Luck

Asus Motherboards