Kodak premium picture paper

I do not print colour images very often, but in fits and starts, I *do* a
series of 50 to 100 5x7 product pictures (two-up) on photo paper or as many
as 400, two-sided brochures on HP brochure paper. I use an amazingly
reliable HP 932c printer that has been virtually trouble free for three or
fours years.

Until recently, I was working my way through a box 8.5 x 11, 100 sheets
Epson photo paper (type unknown) with excellent results. In fact this box of
paper -- $20 at Costco) lasted almost three years. I got a box of Kodak
"Premium Picture Paper" (media type PPP-3-A; cat. # 808 8437) at Costco for
$20 almost a year ago. Only recently did I open it and continue a printing
job when the Epson paper ran out.

The problem is, the prints looked great when I printed them and put them in
a folder. But within 24 hours, there was a terrible colour shift, unevenly
displayed but toward the middle of the sheet.

I am really more annoyed that I blew a $35 ink cart to print about 50 sheets
than the $20 invested in paper.

Is the paper not very good? Was it improperly stored? I am not going to
waste any more ink on photos until I find out. (Incidentally, the ink and
printer continues to produce excellent brochures and a postcard I printed on
10 pt CS1 book cover stock.)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
kds

information

Keith

I have had excellent results without color shift when I have followed the
guidelines that Kodak puts out on their website.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/9/36&pq-locale=en_US

Then select your inkjet printer and then follow the directions for the type
of paper.

I has worked for me.

hope this helps

:
[...]

OOPSS

this is the correct page

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/36/1963&pq-locale=en_US

[...]

BURT

Different brand papers absorb ink differently. Kodak paper in my Epson
Stylus Color 900 printer was a disaster. Some ink sat on top of the paper
and smeared, and the dark colors had an irridescent quality. I use the
costco Epson glossy photo paper in my Epson and my wife's Canon 3000 with
very good results. I had purchased some Kodak paper on a special and went
on the Kodak web site. They had special instructions for use with various
brands of printers. Their suggestions were of no use and I gave the paper
away. Stay with the Costco paper. You can't beat it for quality at this
price. There are better papers for special printing needs, but this paper
works well for "everyday" photo printing needs.

Burt wrote:
> [...]
>>in
>>: a folder. But within 24 hours, there was a terrible colour shift,
>
> unevenly
>
>>: displayed but toward the middle of the sheet.
>>:
>>: I am really more annoyed that I blew a $35 ink cart to print about 50
>>sheets
>>: than the $20 invested in paper.
>>:
>>: Is the paper not very good? Was it improperly stored? I am not going to
>>: waste any more ink on photos until I find out. (Incidentally, the ink
>
> and
>
>>: printer continues to produce excellent brochures and a postcard I
>
> printed
>
>>on
>>: 10 pt CS1 book cover stock.)
>>:
>>: Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Had similar results with Kodak paper in my HP 970 and finally tossed it.
Fortunately had not money invested in the paper. Had a whole case of the stuff,
don't know which grade or formula the paper was. Paper was being tossed from
work (son is an eng. for HP Vancouver Div, printer div). Gave some away to
local computer club and others reported the same results.

Don't know if this was an existing product Kodak had or was something new sent
for evaluation. I do know I don't buy Kodak paper based on this experience.
This may not apply to all Kodak papers but it did sour me on their offering.

Mickey

I'm using OfficeMAX Premium Photo Inkjet Paper with a Canon and HP.. $19.95
for 100 sheets and having great results!

"keithsmith" <keithsmith@nethere.com> wrote in message
> I do not print colour images very often, but in fits and starts, I *do* a
> series of 50 to 100 5x7 product pictures (two-up) on photo paper or as
many
> as 400, two-sided brochures on HP brochure paper. I use an amazingly
> reliable HP 932c printer that has been virtually trouble free for three or
> fours years.
>
> Until recently, I was working my way through a box 8.5 x 11, 100 sheets
> Epson photo paper (type unknown) with excellent results. In fact this box
of
> paper -- $20 at Costco) lasted almost three years. I got a box of Kodak
> "Premium Picture Paper" (media type PPP-3-A; cat. # 808 8437) at Costco
for
> $20 almost a year ago. Only recently did I open it and continue a printing
> job when the Epson paper ran out.
>
> The problem is, the prints looked great when I printed them and put them
in
> a folder. But within 24 hours, there was a terrible colour shift, unevenly
> displayed but toward the middle of the sheet.
>
> I am really more annoyed that I blew a $35 ink cart to print about 50
sheets
> than the $20 invested in paper.
>
> Is the paper not very good? Was it improperly stored? I am not going to
> waste any more ink on photos until I find out. (Incidentally, the ink and
> printer continues to produce excellent brochures and a postcard I printed
on
> 10 pt CS1 book cover stock.)
>
> Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers!
> kds

>I'm using OfficeMAX Premium Photo Inkjet Paper with a Canon and HP.. $19.95
>for 100 sheets and having great results!

http://www.atlex.com/
Here's a link for the genuine paper at discounted prices. I've used this glossy
paper in my Epson 880, 780 and 980. It works perfectly! Rivals a Kodak
photograph.